2018 Mercury 4 Stroke 150

Don I need some help here. I just purchased this motor and planned to start the break in process here tomorrow. I went down to the driveway and noticed a sizable oil spot on the ground. Called my dealer as well as my local Cabelas who said they have seen this a few times here recently. They stated this is the oil sump leaking and that 2 seals would need to be changed. Is this a big job that requires much in the way of teardown? I haven’t started this motor since purchase and believe it’s only ever been started at the factory and at the dealer as it is brand new. What are your thoughts on this? I understand things happen, but it doesn’t give me a warm feeling as I’m coming from an older Yamaha 2 stroke that never gave me an issue. Also I can have the serial number posted first thing in the morning.

2. Member
    Update with serial number 2B467439

3. Member
    Do not run it. Take it back to the dealer.

4. Member
    It's being fixed as we I type this. Hopefully will have it back by this afternoon or tomorrow from what I'm told. I've heard great things about this engine so hopefully it all works out and it will run like a scalded dog.