Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eojmama View Post
    Im for select, competent teachers to have gun safes in their rooms that are to be opened during active shooter situations only.

Law enforcement sub station type deals. where they get an office to do paper work and whatnot
    And what is the teacher going to do ask the shooter to wait while he gets his weapon?
    Most shootings will be over before you could load a gun much less open a safe.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HatfieldHog View Post
    The guns in this country aren't going away, and evil people aren't going away, we have to give our people, on the ground in these schools, the right and tools to protect our kids! Israel does it and so can we!
    Exactly - that was part of the discussion with my friends last night.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HatfieldHog View Post
    The Florida murderer got by the FBI, Local Law Enforcement, and outright claims that he would do what he did! He planned this attack very well, and executed it to the max. What could have stood in his way? An armed officer at the school, and an armed Teacher in the school!

This isn't a discussion about education, it's a discussion about safety. I can promise you that if every school district in Arkansas put a millage increase on the ballot, with the sole use of those dollars guaranteed to be put to school safety, the measure would pass in every district in the State.

The guns in this country aren't going away, and evil people aren't going away, we have to give our people, on the ground in these schools, the right and tools to protect our kids! Israel does it and so can we!

See ya
    There was an armed officer in the school.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfool38 View Post
    And what is the teacher going to do ask the shooter to wait while he gets his weapon?

I do believe youre wrong about that.

This last guy went to multiple levels of the school, but im not sure if he killed people on all levels though.

5. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimoh View Post
    LOL Teachers can't even get compensated for pencils and ink for their printers and you expect someone is going to pay for a Glock for them?
    Do you know how many teachers probably have hand gun permits already. Yet have to leave them at home or in the school because they can't bring them on school property.

Colion is spot on as he normally is on gun control.

Yes the 60 year old librarian maybe not, But what if the Football coach that gave his life shielding the kids would have a a hand gun on him??

But having a threat that you don't know who has a gun and that you might not get to far with the attack will stop a bunch of shootings at school, Not that they want move on to the mall or movie theater.

6. Banned
    Unless you're willing to turn schools into Stalag 13's this will never stop. Lone wolf shooter will always have the upper hand, they've got element of surprise... Hate to be the Negative Nelly but how much money have we thrown at the bullying problem, teen pregnancy, teen drug use, teen alcohol use, teen smoking/ smokeless tobacco use, teen obesity??? We're no better now than we were in the 50's-60's... In some of those areas we're in worse shape... As stated above the school had an armed LEO in the school and it didn't stop him. Still haven't heard where the officer was and what he did... So again unless you're willing to have military style security at the entrance of the schools, 12" barbwire fences, patrols with dogs and security cameras, officers with automatic weapons patrolling the perimeters and hallways, it is what it is... Or they'll just hit the malls, fast food restaurants, or other teen hangouts... Dan

I'm 100% in agreement with the video. Any extra line of defense is a step in the right direction.

8. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Dan I disagree, Not knowing if a teacher has a weapon and how many might be in the school, compared to 3000 students and one or two LEO would make a difference. Maybe two doors with metal detectors.
    I agree a 19 year old shouldn't be able to buy a AR, AK, or mini with simi auto rifle carriages in large magazine. But either should drop outs or those with out a GED etc. If you don't have the controls to get thru school, you shouldn't own a rifle with magazine that can except more than 5 rounds.

Lets go back to LAWS, You can't out laws crazy people to stop them from doing crazy stuff. It means nothing to those out to kill, That alone is against the LAW!!!!

I would love to say we could do something with legislation to solve this issue, but only the folks that follow the law would obey it, then be sitting ducks to the crazy folks that have a fish in a barrel!!

9. Member
    A few years ago a group of Terrorism killed over 30 in China with knives. That group was taken out by law enforcement using guns. You’ll never legislate evil out of a society.

Quote Originally Posted by eojmama View Post
    Your average cop doesnt have a whole lot of special training.

Unless youre in a major city the well trained officers do it on their own time and their own dime.
    I’m not sure what you define “average cop” as. What I can tell you is that I am a “road trooper” with 24 years of experience.

Since 9/11 our agency and many others have increased our yearly training to deal with everything from terrorism to school shootings to opiate overdoses and every other emergency imaginable. What our state government and elected leaders have not done is put those mechanisms in place to prevent or minimize these tragedies.

I had not seen seen this video prior to this thread. What Mr. Noir states is exactly what needs to done. I said nearly the same thing in an earlier thread that was removed. Mr. Noir perfectly articulates the solution to a problem that is not going away.

Everyone should watch this video and share it with your special friends

11. Banned
    Isn't it something one department can shoot a man in the street like a dog because of one call, yet more than 20 calls up and down LEO don't move the needle on the yawn-meter and 17 people are dead.
    "What a country!"
    Yakov Smirnoff

Looks like the latest shooting could of been prevented if everyone had did they're job, but that the attitude in today's workforce, go through the motions and take no pride in your job. and then add in lawyers that want to handcuff law enforcement because every suspect or criminal have they're rights that prevent them from gathering evidence to get them off the street.

13. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantera61 View Post
    Isn't it something one department can shoot a man in the street like a dog because of one call, yet more than 20 calls up and down LEO don't move the needle on the yawn-meter and 17 people are dead.
    "What a country!"
    Yakov Smirnoff
    Maybe because the on man on the street has a GUN!!!!!

And the 19 calls is just here say, Have to put this stuff in content, what if your wife and girl friend kept calling in BS threats, DO you want to spend time until it gets work out. Yes the ball was dropped on this case, but what ya'll are asking is beyond the USA, a few calls and thrown in jail until you can prove yourself innocent!!!

14. Banned
    LOL Teachers can't even get compensated for pencils and ink for their printers and you expect someone is going to pay for a Glock for them?

I also want You guys to pay for the ammo You use to make Yourself more proficient and that actual 2 weeks You get to Yourself? That will now be swallowed up for training and re-certifying... Who cares if 3/4 of Y'all are underpaid to begin with and most of You are already buying supplies out of Your pockets, another shooting 'may' happen...

Oh and I want My kid to learn cursive...

Best of Luck

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post

And the 19 calls is just here say, Have to put this stuff in content, what if your wife and girl friend kept calling in BS threats, DO you want to spend time until it gets work out. Yes the ball was dropped on this case, but what ya'll are asking is beyond the USA, a few calls and thrown in jail until you can prove yourself innocent!!!

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/cri...192244734.html

NO GUN. SWATting Home in his living room, minding own business, picking his ass.

People like you always have an answer. How about this answer, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT YOU DID. Which doesn't mean, "I take responsibility." It means, you resign. PERIOD!!!
    They're not sorry about what they did. They are sorry they got caught.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post

ALSO:

I take your point on wives/girlfriends calling in BS threats. That's BS too. They should be charged for that crime at twice the jail time.

17. Member
    Eliminating the AR style rifle to prevent mass murders is like saying we have found a cure for cancer by curing one person. There are thousands of ways to commit mass murder and those bent on doing it will find a way. Increasing security and limiting access by closing off entrances could be a good start.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

18. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Something else to consider is, would you really want to go up against someone with an ar15 with a handgun
    I'd sure rather go up against him with a handgun than a piece of chalk.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfool38 View Post
    So I just heard one of the officers say the kid was killing for 3 minutes.

Does this change anything?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    Eliminating the AR style rifle to prevent mass murders is like saying we have found a cure for cancer by curing one person. There are thousands of ways to commit mass murder and those bent on doing it will find a way. Increasing security and limiting access by closing off entrances could be a good start.
    I don't think anyone said it would prevent them but it would make them harder and maybe save a few lives along the way. If you were going to do something like this would you choose a weapon with a 30 round clip or one with 6 rounds?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast