Agm on regular charger

I’m considering a dual purpose agm now that I have 3 electronic units, power pole, lights, etc on my starting battery. However I’ve read mixed reviews saying I shouldn’t get an agm as my Minn Kota digital charger may not charge it correctly. Also I have a 200 SHO, I’d like to find something in the 27 or 29 group with a high reserve capacity to meet the needs of my motor

2. Member
    Assuming that particular model charger has an AGM setting, it should be fine with any AGM other than Odyssey. For that one you need the PC series from MK which has a specific charging profile approved by Odyssey/Enersys for their batteries. Hopefully your MK charger is at least 10 amps/bank for an AGM.
    Last edited by catdude28; 02-16-2018 at 09:00 PM.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

3. Member
    The digital model does not provide the option to select specific battery types

4. Member
    The newer MK digital series chargers are AGM compatible. Your manual should confirm, or, you can check on the MK web site if you don't still have the manual.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

5. Member
    Read the sticker on the face of your charger, it should say what type of batt. it is capable of charging.

MK - PC charger 15 amp x 4 lead is perfect for AGM , read the owners manual .

7. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I had an AGM cranking battery in the CougarFTD I used to have. It had a NOCO charger in it...it worked fine.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    MK - PC charger 15 amp x 4 lead is perfect for AGM , read the owners manual .
    His charger is not the PC series. It’s the digital series. But his digital series should still be AGM compatible
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

9. Member
    Mine is just a MK220, came with the boat in 2008 and says on the sticker it's good for wet cell and AGM.

Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    His charger is not the PC series. It’s the digital series. But his digital series should still be AGM compatible
    Oops .