Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question TV streaming questions

Considering cutting the cord using a roku but have some questions. If anyone can answer them I would appreciate it.
    1. Is there a way to get The Outdoor Channel and ESPN2 without a paid subscription service? If not what would be the cheapest one to subscribe to that had them available?
    2. Are live broadcasts and past shows both available all the time?
    3. Is it possible to get local channels through the Roku rather than over the air antenna?
    4. If I have 3 TV's and 3 Roku's and I have a subscription to a service such as Sling tv, will that one subscription broadcast to all 3 Roku's or only one if someone is watching programming on a 2 or more TV's?
    Thanks for the information.

2. Member
    if you dcan three months direct tv you can get the latest apple tv free. actually cheaper than buying it.

3. Member
    I use kodi on raspberry pi. Works great I subscribe to a iptv provider for 40$ a year from Britain and its great. watch all the ufc fights and ppv free. just have to have fast internet

4. Member
    you have to get antenna for local and if you get sling blue you can stream 3 at a time. go to sling.com and it explains it all

5. Member
    I pay 25 a month to sling and get the fishing channel, outdoor channel and sportsman channel plus 3 espns along with about 40 other channels . $20 for sling and $5 for the heartland pkg.

What about DVR? Almost everything we watch is recorded on the DVR.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

If you have an at&t cell phone unlimited plan you can get direct tv now for 10 bucks a month. It's basically the same thing as Dish's Sling TV.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    What about DVR? Almost everything we watch is recorded on the DVR.
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=-1&isNodeId=1

I run everything to a PC and use the plex media server app on roku sticks to stream around the house.

Quote Originally Posted by dontr20x View Post
    Considering cutting the cord using a roku but have some questions. If anyone can answer them I would appreciate it.
    1. Is there a way to get The Outdoor Channel and ESPN2 without a paid subscription service? If not what would be the cheapest one to subscribe to that had them available?
    2. Are live broadcasts and past shows both available all the time?
    3. Is it possible to get local channels through the Roku rather than over the air antenna?
    4. If I have 3 TV's and 3 Roku's and I have a subscription to a service such as Sling tv, will that one subscription broadcast to all 3 Roku's or only one if someone is watching programming on a 2 or more TV's?
    Thanks for the information.
    1. No, not legally. Someone mentioned Kodi but its not really legal and take more setup than just plugging in a Roku. I get ESPN with my DirecTV Now subscription. I don’t know of a way to get The Outdoor Channel live but I do have a MyOutdoorTV subscription which has many seasons of their shows.
    2. It depends. With Sling or DirecTV Now you can watch all your channels live. Watching them later is dependent on the channel it seems. If that channel has episodes on their website you may still have them available. If they don’t then likely you won’t.
    3. Yes, but which ones depend on your location and what streaming service you have. I think I have them all with DirecTV Now and I’m in Raleigh NC. I do, however, prefer to watch sports over the air though because the image is better. I think Kodi is also and option for this.
    4. Depends on your subscriptions. Some levels allow multiple streams, some don’t.

FWIW, we stream on three different devices. Apple TV, Amazon Firestick and Roku. I don’t notice a difference in what stuff I can stream between them. They all get the things I am interested in except none of them have the MyOutdoorTV app. Roku is my least favorite. I don’t like the interface. I probably like Firestick the best but the Apple TV remote inlcludes volume control which is nice. Apple TV is by far the most expensive and least reliable for us. If you have Amazon Prime then you get their streaming service as part of that.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

10. Member
    Thanks to all who responded to my questions.

Wait! I cut the cord, now have a over the air antenna and bought a Roku premium to buy sling tv. Sling allows me to get outdoor channel, fishing network, and sportsman channel. As well I bought the blue channel set which gives me espn, espn 2, plus hgtv, tbs, food network, etc. Sling is internet tv and I have not had any issues with doing this. We live in Leeds and I have great internet. You can cut the cord and have more tv than you’ll ever watch. I pay $25 a month for my sling package mentioned.

https://www.sling.com/
    Garmin Stiker 7sv and 7cv
    2017 Crestliner VT17 - Mercury 60 4S

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swardrn View Post
    I use kodi on raspberry pi. Works great I subscribe to a iptv provider for 40$ a year from Britain and its great. watch all the ufc fights and ppv free. just have to have fast internet
    Hey now tell me more about this... Can you get all the sports channels Espn 1, 2, 3, fox, CBS ) etc live??? When you say fast internet how fast are you talking ???

I borrowed my parents email and pw from their Cox Cable and stream ESPN, Fox Go, NBCSports, AE and Discovery channels via a Fire Box. We stream a few others but those are the ones we watch 90% of time.

14. Member
    Stay away from Hulu Live TV. Very poor interface and customer service sucks!!!! I thouhgt i dvr'd numerous fishing shows on my saturday morning fox sports north, nope just added the show to my favorite but didn't record any actual show. Also got burned on their 7 day free trial. Charged me before my 7 day expired then when I went to cancel on my 7th day it put my subscription into vacation mode even though I clearly hit cancel subscription. Long story short finally canceled day 8 and they won't refund my $39.99 for the month and can't turn on my subscription so I am out $39.99.
    2003 Skeeter ZX200

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil Holmes View Post
    Wait! I cut the cord, now have a over the air antenna and bought a Roku premium to buy sling tv. Sling allows me to get outdoor channel, fishing network, and sportsman channel. As well I bought the blue channel set which gives me espn, espn 2, plus hgtv, tbs, food network, etc. Sling is internet tv and I have not had any issues with doing this. We live in Leeds and I have great internet. You can cut the cord and have more tv than you’ll ever watch. I pay $25 a month for my sling package mentioned.

This

16. Member
    You can watch just about everything you want on a roku if you have a cable username and password. Ask relatives(parents, grandparents, etc)

17. Member
    Hmmmm.....no one is mentioned that some internet providers (COX in my case) is going up on charges to capture the "streaming" costs...more you stream...more u pay?? They know folks are cutting the cord so they are gonna charge more for streaming? So is it saving $$$$ if you are constantly streaming?

18. Member
    I have Sling TV orange with the fishing package channel and I can record it for $30 mth which gets you what you want.

Have a good one and thank God for it!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil Holmes View Post

What is your internet running a month?
    1997 STRATOS 285 PE EVINRUDE INTRUDER 175

Quote Originally Posted by swampshark View Post
    Hmmmm.....no one is mentioned that some internet providers (COX in my case) is going up on charges to capture the "streaming" costs...more you stream...more u pay?? They know folks are cutting the cord so they are gonna charge more for streaming? So is it saving $$$$ if you are constantly streaming?
    I have Cox Net and we paid 89.99 + taxes/fees for their best package, been getting this for almost a year and No Contract..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast