Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    I think what gets people about this shooting is we're always told to report people like this. People that show signs of being troubled. Here we had that, and not by just one person. It went all the way up to the FBI twice.

So when Americans do what's asked nothing gets done. Just frustrating is all. Then we're asked what could we do to prevent this.
    I get what you are saying and its very frustrating. I'm sure there are many times law enforcement wants to get a warrant, arrest someone or do something because they just know the person is troubled or will do something and they are prevented from doing so. Its just a tough balancing act and I'm not sure there is a quick or clear answer. I know if I was a parent that lost a child I would be angry and be asking questions as to why they didn't arrest or detain him. Its just heartbreaking all the way around and I'm sure for local and federal authorities that it tears them up the same as it does for everyone else if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by sdbrison View Post
    Refreshing to see they admitted to making a mistake, we don't see that enough.
    Refreshing? After the fact? Are you kidding? Here's just two that I can recall for your "refreshment" courtesy of your federal government... I'm sure I could keep going but refreshing it's not.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-dir...-purchase-gun/
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4db459539861

Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Making every F/N thing political is so old. How about 99% of law enforcement including the FBI are conservatives. You act as though the FBI is filled with liberals just trying to make trouble. NOTHING could keep a gun away from that kid, NOTHING. He broke no laws. Every law that would have prevented him from acquiring that weapon no longer exists. What would the FBI do??? Your either screaming to leave gun owners alone or now it's the FBI should have done something. What? He made a statement, yet no specific threat. Should they have taken his guns away? How would you all feel about that? Not one complaint did I see here when the restriction on the mentally ill having free access to guns was lifted. He bought the gun last Feb. Guess when the restriction was lifted. Blaming the FBI might make you feel better, but unless you want them making their own laws to take guns away from people, the outrage is hollow, very hollow.
    The FEC keeps records of donations to political partys by federal agencies. Employees of the DOJ, of which the FBI is a part, donated $295,553 to political partys during the 2016 election, 97% of that went to Clinton.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...inton-campaign

I think if we use some of our common sense deductive powers we could fairly conclude your statement that 99% of the FBI are conservatives is inaccurate.

Federal workers gave almost $2 million to candidates in the 2016 election, $1.95 million or 95% went to Clinton.

As for every law that would prevent the shooter from acquiring a weapon no longer exists, could you elucidate or provide some evidence?

If you peruse the article I cited above I think you'll find that our federal government is quite literally dominated by those that lean towards the Democratic party.

I'm an independent and this worries me to a good degree.
    Last edited by BigMouth; 02-16-2018 at 08:37 PM.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    I get what you are saying and its very frustrating. I'm sure there are many times law enforcement wants to get a warrant, arrest someone or do something because they just know the person is troubled or will do something and they are prevented from doing so. Its just a tough balancing act and I'm not sure there is a quick or clear answer. I know if I was a parent that lost a child I would be angry and be asking questions as to why they didn't arrest or detain him. Its just heartbreaking all the way around and I'm sure for local and federal authorities that it tears them up the same as it does for everyone else if not more.
    Whos to know if they would of needed a warrant. Maybe the FBI paying him a visit would of been enough to scare this kid. He did want to live through this so thinking the FBI was on him would scare him a little? I know we will never know. We pay for the NSA FBI local LEO. Its frustrating for sure.

5. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    There are Unions for Federal Workers and many workers belong to those Unions. As we know Unions tend to be Democrat.
    It shouldn't be surprising that Most of the money contributed was to the Democrat party. The bulk of Fed workers is also in and round Wash. DC. A liberal stronghold.
    The rank and file workers though are not Agents. Most are clerical, Fingerprint ID, etc.
    I can't speak for the Agents political affiliations. I do know some now retired agents who are conservative. But that's a very small Demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyJoe View Post
    Refreshing? After the fact? Are you kidding? Here's just two that I can recall for your "refreshment" courtesy of your federal government... I'm sure I could keep going but refreshing it's not.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-dir...-purchase-gun/
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4db459539861
    My bad. Guess it would be better if they covered it up? And maybe I missed the part where I typed that it wasn't a huge mistake.
    Still stand by my statement, they owned up to a big mistake, doesn't happen enough in our society individually, corporately, or politically imo
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

How many jobs are there where you can not do your job and 17 people die and you don't get fired ?

Just like when your a kid ..as long as you keep saying sorry after all is good

Quote Originally Posted by bobh4656 View Post
    Didn't the perp take an Uber to the school? Didn't he take his AR 15 and many rounds of ammo? Didn't he take his gas mask too?
    How is it that the Uber driver didn't call the police right then and there??
    I haven't seen any thing about the Uber driver any where..
    I’ve wondered that too

Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    How many jobs are there where you can not do your job and 17 people die and you don't get fired ?
    Probably the same amount as when thousands of Assault Weapons (Operation "Fast & Furious") were given to Mexican Cartels which results in a multitude of deaths on both sides of the border.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh4656 View Post
    Didn't the perp take an Uber to the school? Didn't he take his AR 15 and many rounds of ammo? Didn't he take his gas mask too?
    How is it that the Uber driver didn't call the police right then and there??
    I haven't seen any thing about the Uber driver any where..
    The AR was in a case, no gas mask and no smoke grenades per Sheriff briefing today.

Quote Originally Posted by sdbrison View Post
    My bad. Guess it would be better if they covered it up? And maybe I missed the part where I typed that it wasn't a huge mistake.
    Still stand by my statement, they owned up to a big mistake, doesn't happen enough in our society individually, corporately, or politically imo
    Your choice but I say sickening. Not refreshing. You think they'd be so forthcoming had the "vlogger" not come out so quick? They had his damn name!!

13. Member
    FBI is busy investigating Russia the real importance .

Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    The FEC keeps records of donations to political partys by federal agencies. Employees of the DOJ, of which the FBI is a part, donated $295,553 to political partys during the 2016 election, 97% of that went to Clinton.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...inton-campaign

I think if we use some of our common sense deductive powers we could fairly conclude your statement that 99% of the FBI are conservatives is inaccurate.

Federal workers gave almost $2 million to candidates in the 2016 election, $1.95 million or 95% went to Clinton.

As for every law that would prevent the shooter from acquiring a weapon no longer exists, could you elucidate or provide some evidence?

If you peruse the article I cited above I think you'll find that our federal government is quite literally dominated by those that lean towards the Democratic party.

I'm an independent and this worries me to a good degree.
    Nice to see you are still into fake news.

P01135809

15. Banned
    Whether it be the school district or the FBI, the government failed to protect those kids.

Quote Originally Posted by tmusky1 View Post
    Whether it be the school district or the FBI, the government failed to protect those kids.
    I disagree in the sense that it's not the government's job to protect kids. Accepting that it is their job, only will lead us to more failures.

I'd suggest that it's closer to the truth that the shooter's parents, relatives, friends, and the like, failed to protect those kids.

17. Member
    Got a friend who works at the FBI

go figure ....

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    I disagree in the sense that it's not the government's job to protect kids. Accepting that it is their job, only will lead us to more failures.

I'd suggest that it's closer to the truth that the shooter's parents, relatives, friends, and the like, failed to protect those kids.
    Parents are dead, no known relatives, friends or schoolmates if you will reported his strangeness several times which is probably what led to his expulsion from school and most of society.

old saying didn't commit a crime yet, cant be charged, till a crime is done

They seem to take a different approach the last few days.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kno.../amp/346399002

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.fox4n...shootings.html

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...oting.amp.html

Terrible that it takes something extreme to happen before action takes place. No different than where I work.
    Sometimes I need my ATV when in my boat and sometimes I need my boat while riding my ATV.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast