Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Making every F/N thing political is so old. How about 99% of law enforcement including the FBI are conservatives. You act as though the FBI is filled with liberals just trying to make trouble. NOTHING could keep a gun away from that kid, NOTHING. He broke no laws. Every law that would have prevented him from acquiring that weapon no longer exists. What would the FBI do??? Your either screaming to leave gun owners alone or now it's the FBI should have done something. What? He made a statement, yet no specific threat. Should they have taken his guns away? How would you all feel about that? Not one complaint did I see here when the restriction on the mentally ill having free access to guns was lifted. He bought the gun last Feb. Guess when the restriction was lifted. Blaming the FBI might make you feel better, but unless you want them making their own laws to take guns away from people, the outrage is hollow, very hollow.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    snip
    The FBI already admitted they should ha e followed up. That doesn't mean they could have prevented it but having to answer a couple of FBI agents could have sobered the loon up for a bit or he could have tripped up and said something that gave them the chance to arrest him. But they never bothered to investigate.

Making every F/N thing political is so old. How about 99% of law enforcement including the FBI are conservatives. You act as though the FBI is filled with liberals just trying to make trouble. NOTHING could keep a gun away from that kid, NOTHING. He broke no laws. Every law that would have prevented him from acquiring that weapon no longer exists. What would the FBI do??? Your either screaming to leave gun owners alone or now it's the FBI should have done something. What? He made a statement, yet no specific threat. Should they have taken his guns away? How would you all feel about that? Not one complaint did I see here when the restriction on the mentally ill having free access to guns was lifted. He bought the gun last Feb. Guess when the restriction was lifted. Blaming the FBI might make you feel better, but unless you want them making their own laws to take guns away from people, the outrage is hollow, very hollow.
    You're actually kidding aren't you?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    You're actually kidding aren't you?
    No I'm not. How about just blaming the POS that did it.

5. Member
    The FBI is designed to investigate Federal crimes. I'm not defending them but if there were specific threats made would the information be more suited to local law enforcement or is the fact that it was posted on the internet bring it into the FBI jurisdiction? In addition, I have seen a lot of things posted recently that are right on the borderline of direct threats against people but they appeared to me to be hyperbolic political speech. Its very tough, absent a specific threat, to distinguish between an actionable threat and protected speech that is unsavory and inappropriate. I know at times like this we all would like to blame someone and find a failure to explain this tragedy but living in a free country is not so simple. Don't get me wrong I love our freedoms and liberty but it does present difficulties to sometimes act or be authorized to act. And yes, there are probably thousands of posts that you could point to that would indicate that a person may be a threat. It may not be an excuse but realistically how many of these can you open a full blown investigation on? Add to this the numerous ISIS threats and the problem is a big one. This was a horrible tragedy and we would all like to know how to prevent it or how it could have been prevented but there is so much craziness in this world it is hard to protect everyone everywhere. It is entirely possible that they have individuals with 100 complaints or tips but they have no basis to proceed. Bottom line is that if you are eager to protect your 2nd amendment rights you also have to recognize the difficulty in protecting 1st and 4th amendment rights in trying to protect others. Definitely not an easy task so I won't be the one to throw the first stone.

6. Banned
    What would the FBI do??? What? He made a statement, yet no specific threat.
    Person in SC just made a statement too. He's been arrested.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/student-a...204216915.html

7. Member
    Good for them, that is considered a threat. The kids a minor, nothing more than a slap on the wrist for being stupid.

No I'm not. How about just blaming the POS that did it.
    We all know who did it.
    We also know who's job it was to try to prevent it and it didn't work.

9. Banned
    Guys no phone calls will work until we clean the Alphabet Agencies up. Please follow Q and become aware.

https://qcodefag.github.io/data/imag...6dfd0135dc.png

https://qcodefag.github.io

Well put.
    The FBI didn’t intentionally NOT investigate this guy. He slipped through the cracks. So, they admitted they dropped the ball, and they’ll take appropriate steps to minimize the chances of it happening again in the future. No one in their right mind wants to see an incident like what transpired this week happen. The FBI, and LE in general, is no different.
    It’s a horrible tragedy that should have been stopped before it started, and they’re fully aware of that.
    A lot of a speculation on how bad federal law enforcement is at doing their job from a whole lot of people who have never been in federal law enforcement.
    So, join up. Really make a difference.
    In the meantime, keep those that lost loved ones in your thoughts and prayers.
    Last edited by RazorCat; 02-16-2018 at 07:32 PM.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

11. Member
    I'm sorry but if they guy made the statement "I'm going to become a professional political assassin" he would have had someone knocking on his door. I'm not buying the not a true threat stuff.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    We all know who did it.
    We also know who's job it was to try to prevent it and it didn't work.
    So you are for taking guns away from the mentally ill, I suppose or do you think they shouldn't be allowed to have them in the first place. Which is it? Since you have no confidence in the FBI it's now up to you. Should we just start arresting people and then figure it out? So much for those pesky constitutional rights. As Nitro 77 explained, it's not just black and white, lots of gray in between.

13. Banned
    Here is some research and go ahead guys and call me tinfoil.You do not need to give up your guns IMHO. Parkland shooting followed the same pattern as many others around the nation. Do some research and challenge your representatives.

Refreshing to see they admitted to making a mistake, we don't see that enough.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

So you are for taking guns away from the mentally ill, I suppose or do you think they shouldn't be allowed to have them in the first place. Which is it? Since you have no confidence in the FBI it's now up to you. Should we just start arresting people and then figure it out? So much for those pesky constitutional rights. As Nitro 77 explained, it's not just black and white, lots of gray in between.
    Someone that makes threats and has potential can face consequences. You have no idea what I think or know. Carry on.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdbrison View Post
    They may be FBI agents but I'm sure many are also fathers and mothers. I drive by that school everyday on the way to work and I will be the first to admit I choke up a little. Nobody in their right mind ever wanted to see anything like this and everyone I know would have done everything in their power to prevent it if they knew it was going to happen.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    They may be FBI agents but I'm sure many are also fathers and mothers. I drive by that school everyday on the way to work and I will be the first to admit I choke up a little. Nobody in their right mind ever wanted to see anything like this and everyone I know would have done everything in their power to prevent it if they knew it was going to happen.
    I think what gets people about this shooting is we're always told to report people like this. People that show signs of being troubled. Here we had that, and not by just one person. It went all the way up to the FBI twice.

So when Americans do what's asked nothing gets done. Just frustrating is all. Then we're asked what could we do to prevent this.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdbrison View Post
    We sure don't. Would be nice to see a little more often.

19. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    Didn't the perp take an Uber to the school? Didn't he take his AR 15 and many rounds of ammo? Didn't he take his gas mask too?
    How is it that the Uber driver didn't call the police right then and there??
    I haven't seen any thing about the Uber driver any where..

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    You are forgetting that the FBI probably gets thousands of complaints a year just like the ones they got about this guy.
    Dont forget there are 1000's of FBI agents

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast