Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    J Edgar Hoover would never put up with these lazy bums that work there now .

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Loweman11 View Post
    I read an article saying the reason nothing was done when he posted that YouTube comment was because the FBI said his name was to common. Numerous people with same name.

Ball was dropped!
    I bet if he threatened the right person even if his name was Steve Smith they would have found him!

3. Member
    So everyone thinks the FBI is the appropriate agency to report a local nut job too? I'd say local law enforcement would have been a more appropriate agency to intervene.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    So everyone thinks the FBI is the appropriate agency to report a local nut job too? I'd say local law enforcement would have been a more appropriate agency to intervene.
    The FBI themselves has already said they should have forwarded the information to local LE. The FBI is undoubtedly the perfect agency to identify individuals on the internet, they are the primary drivers of our surveillance state. Odd how they want to maintain that power but fail to use it to save American lives, while using it to gather intel on political rivals, isn't it?

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Hunt View Post

Even today he could/should have been taken in for a mental evaluation and hopefully held in the mental ward of a hospital.
    The hold is generally for a maximum of 72 hours. I've seen mental health kick em loose in 10 minutes. I'm not certified in mental health, but I don't imagine one could do a proper evaluation in 10 minutes.

The problem

Look around---if he was investigated someone would say his civil rights were being violated. If he never had the chance to shoot anyone NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, CNN, would be throwing the investagaters under the bus. GMA would have a 1/2 donated everyday for years to condem his treatment. It would be on the news for months--- Those stations have been crying about the same stories for over a year now.

On a good note------ I don't spend as much time watching tv,

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    The problem

Look around---if he was investigated someone would say his civil rights were being violated. If he never had the chance to shoot anyone NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, CNN, would be throwing the investagaters under the bus. GMA would have a 1/2 donated everyday for years to condem his treatment. It would be on the news for months--- Those stations have been crying about the same stories for over a year now.

On a good note------ I don't spend as much time watching tv,
    So it's ok to not do their jobs in order to avoid some inappropriate criticism? So much for being salty hardnosed rough men standing on the front line between good and evil.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo_stiglitz View Post
    So it's ok to not do their jobs in order to avoid some inappropriate criticism? So much for being salty hardnosed rough men standing on the front line between good and evil.
    What do you propose to end all this?

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    What do you propose to end all this?
    Do what they were supposed to do. Just like anyone else with a job. Do it and do it right or face issues because you didn't do your job.

10. Banned
    Do what they were supposed to do. Just like anyone else with a job. Do it and do it right or face issues because you didn't do your job.
    So, doing their job will end all school shootings? Ahh, I see now.

It might have stopped this one. Ever since the fbi has valued the collage educated above real world experience they have gone down the tubes.. It's almost like collages in this country remove the common sense portion of the brain and replace it with ass backwards ideologies.
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

Nope your totally right...Someone who knows the kid personally calls and says the kid is unstable and has posted he wants to shoot up a school..Why look into that

9-11...We need to work better so our agency's share info

Marathon bombing...Well we talked to them maybe should have watched them a little more

Miami night club..We should have looked into it more

Nope we need a new law to stop this.........

I'm wondering what possessed the FBI to release the information that they dropped the ball? That's the kind of admission you rarely see from a govt. organization until years after the fact.
    They had questioned the Orlando shooter and didn't find him a threat, so it's doubtful anything would have been done in this case anyway.
    Really sickening.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    Who shows up after it was done? The FBI. They should have done their job before it happened. The political machine they've become is pathetic. It's also hard not to believe that they would let these things go to push the gun agenda. I know that sounds crazy but look at the current FBI and how they handle their own business

What we need here is a sarcasm icon.

My point is------I'm sick and tired of the crybabies, the protestors, the media that want to make any LEO or agency out to be the bad guys. If you have paid attention the last 10 years things have been blown out of proportion.

Too many people are crying
    I'm being targeted
    I'm being profiled
    I'm being picked on
    I'm being bullied.

If things don't go the way some think it should go--- they will protest. They have the time to protest because apparently they don't work.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Nope your totally right...Someone who knows the kid personally calls and says the kid is unstable and has posted he wants to shoot up a school..Why look into that

9-11...We need to work better so our agency's share info

Marathon bombing...Well we talked to them maybe should have watched them a little more

Miami night club..We should have looked into it more

Nope we need a new law to stop this.........

This!! The problem of inter agency intel sharing has been identified several times for years yet no one is held accountable. They just saved themselves the time of admitting failure instead of admitting it months down the road after an "exhaustive" investigation. Some one should be in the unemployment line today.

17. Member
    Don't think the FBI had much of a choice to come out with this info. The Guy that called in the info from youtube went on news and said hey I called about this guy.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    I really have to wonder how many Nikolas Cruz’s are in the US and spelled that way... and had 30 visits from the police
    So you support taking someone's assault rifle away without due process? I thought you were pro gun? How does the government taking away weapons Make America Great Again?

Not being critical. Just asking.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    What we need here is a sarcasm icon.

My point is------I'm sick and tired of the crybabies, the protestors, the media that want to make any LEO or agency out to be the bad guys. If you have paid attention the last 10 years things have been blown out of proportion.

Too many people are crying
    I'm being targeted
    I'm being profiled
    I'm being picked on
    I'm being bullied.

If things don't go the way some think it should go--- they will protest. They have the time to protest because apparently they don't work.
    Exactly. Everyone needs to toughen up. It's a small price to pay to protect the second amendment, isn't it? MAGA.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123