Hoisting a J90SLEOC

Gents, about starting to prepare for painting the boat I found that now my steering cable is seized and I need to remove the engine in order to replace it. I cannot find any spot from where I can hook this engine and hoist it up, it has only this place highlighted with the yellow arrow...do you guys think it'd be safe to hang it from there without causing any damage to the body?....I appreciate any input!....thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (98.1 KB, 25 views)

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Yep and if you look on the starboard side of the motor, you'll see one just like it. Use a chain with hooks on both ends or a chain long enough to run thru the eyes bolt them together and then make a loop in the middle of them over the center of the motor run a bolt thru it and secure it lift from the loop with a cherry picker or come along

3. Member
    Thank you Champ! as usually your kindness and knowledge is appreciated...I will have to look deeper tomorrow morning I still cannot find the other side.....thank you very much!
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (98.3 KB, 25 views)

4. Member
    Put on your glasses and sneak a look on the top of the motor back by the head.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I circled it in yellow.
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (84.6 KB, 18 views)

6. Member
    unbelievable!.....time to stop work on the boat and start the work on my glasses..........I certainly need my yearly eye exam.........thank you guys!