Question 94sv mapping questions

I just bought one of these loaded with Blue chart g2. It also came with a Lake Vu HD chip. Is there any way possible to delete the installed G2 and permanently install the Lake Vu. Or will I just have to always have the chip in the unit since I only go to inland lakes?
    Speed cost money. How fast ya wanna go? I have done so much for so long with so little. I can now do the impossible with nothing!

2. Member
    Pretty sure you have to run the chip. Seems I remember others having problems with the unit not having enough memory to replace the existing internal maps with the data on the card. Too much data.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Yes, with the 94, LakeVu card must be in unit to read inland mapping. No way to transfer it to preloaded mapping. Many in this situation have concerns with saving user data, QuickDraw contours, etc., but these mapping cards are designed to also save all of your user data to them as well.
    Garmin Pro Team

4. Member
    Thank you, Todd. With that all cleared up, just waiting for some posts to come in regarding performance of the 94sv chirp in fresh water.
    Speed cost money. How fast ya wanna go? I have done so much for so long with so little. I can now do the impossible with nothing!

5. Member
    How many waypoints can u save on the Lakeview hd card?
    Is there more storage if u had it preloaded

6. Member
    I picked up a couple of he bass pro deals on the 94sv. Does anyone know if they make a trolling motor mount for the transducer, and if so where can I pick one up at?

Quote Originally Posted by FDonz View Post
    How many waypoints can u save on the Lakeview hd card?
    Is there more storage if u had it preloaded
    I just looked at my 2017 Ultra card. It is a 32GB card, with 8GB free space, essentially enough space for a lifetime of wpts and QD recordings.
    Garmin Pro Team