96 200 efi Hard to start sometimes

My 96 200 EFI #0g383801 oil injection deleted Starts fine off the trailer run to first spot fish awhile 1 out of 4 times I have to give it throttle to get it started. The first time it happened was after I filled the tank pretty full so I thought vent problem eliminated that. Plugs where old so I changed them runs a little better but still have the problem. Changed fuel lines and bulb tank to pump, pump to filter, and filter to vapor separator. Checked vacume side of pump loose fitting tightened fitting 1 turn new clamps still does it. My next idea would be weak pulse pump. I'm on vacation so I'm limited as to what I can do here. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Update three year old syphon valve was bad I guess the springs get weak put a new one on have not had the problem knock on wood
    Last edited by joerace; 02-20-2018 at 01:25 PM.

2. Member
    try pumping the fuel bulb before every start, always did the trick for my old EFI 200.

3. Member
    check for spark on all 6
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................