Panoptix and terrova

Has anyone come up with a mounting solution for terrovas that don't involve dangling the cables on the side or methods of that nature. I know some people have done installs with running the xducer cable for external DI ducers and the likes with the cable running through the shaft of the motor but have yet to see photos of this method being done with the panoptix transducers.

2. Member
    Check out Precision Sonar's cable saver.

3. Member
    I don’t have the Panoptix on my Terrova but this is how I mounted my Garmin transducer.

4. Member
    Trying to figure out how to upload photo from phone..

5. Banned
    The Panoptix is a double cable and doesn't fit the groove. I used a tool balancer to keep tension on the cable. Had it on a year with no problems.

6. Member
    Here are the pictures I was trying to load yesterday. This is how I mounted my xducer to my Terrova. I found some good videos on youtube and then put my own touch on it. I brought the shaft inside and made sure it was warm, used a good silicone, zip tied it about every 3 inches and let it set for a few days before putting it all back together. Never had a problem with it. I am not sure about the Panoptix, which I am about to mount on my Ultrex and I have posted asking for help on that.

7. Member

Finally figured out how to load pictures. Hope this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Member
    You can't run the cable up the shaft of the new Terrova with lift assist

9. Member
    Yeah the lift assist is a PITA anyways if you fish any sort of rough water, the head is constantly popping out of the notch causing spotlock or autopilot to be relatively useless as the head is spinning free. Looks like I may just have to swap out for an ultrex for a cleaner install.