Any 920's with a Mec and 4 blade prop?

Just got a 25p 4 blade and it has 8 vent holes. Anyone have this setup and can tell me how many vent holes should be plugged?

2. Member
    Do you have a Bravo 1?
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max

XS or Verado? Verado plug all holes, XS I would plug half and see what hole shot does. Adjust down for tournament load...will need more venting with added weight.

4. Member
    Playing with a fury 4 tomorrow on my 920. Will let you know how mine goes. Dealer ran it yesterday with all plugs open with good results.

5. Banned
    I have a fury 4 I got from a guy who had it on a 920 he said no plugs..... I havent put it on, Ill be going thru a engine brake in next week so not sure Ill get to feel it out much.

Verado doesn't like venting. Never seen one that did. I've set up about 8 Verados in the past year. All ran Bravo or Fury 4 props as well.

7. Member
    I run a bravo 1xs i had to send it off to
    mark to have holes drilled in it. So yes i run all 8 open holes works good handles like a dream but slow on top end

Bravo I XS has 8 holes starting in 2015, 4 previous I believe.

But regardless, what is your setup? Boat/motor

9. Member
    Ran my 4 blade the last two and half days on Dale Hollow. I’ve got a 250 ProXS BTW. Hole shot is awesome and mid range was noticeably faster than 3 blade. Top end solo and loaded with more tackle than bass pro was a 75.2. It gets loose on the top end though and drives quite a bit different than a 3 blade. Has more bow lift and I think this is the biggest difference. I think overall a Phoenix runs/handles better with a little more boat in the water. It was only loose on the very highest end of trimming all the way up at 72+mph (solo). Yesterday in the BFL had live wells full and two big guys I could get to 73 plus change.

I think it’s better than my 25 fury for everything but top end. I’m going to keep it and just change between it and my 3 blade depending on lakes/conditions. All vent holes were unplugged.