Banned

FiberFix to cover/seal old TM holes

So, its prolly not the cheapest option since I was gonna use wood dowel rods to fill the holes. But I bought the FiberFix patch kit to cover up the old trolling motor holes before I install my new TM.

Anyone ever use it before, have any tips......or reason I shouldnt use it? Seems like an easy and effective option.

2. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Unless it is a very large hole I typically just fill with silicone.

3. Banned
    So.....FiberFix prolly isnt ideal if you live in the southwest.

I went out at about 11am to get started on this.....sky was overcast due to recent, and predicted rains....but not dark, it was that zone between sunny and dark....and low 60s at the time.

The Fiberfix hardened immediately on me! Even after rush removing the wrap and immediately slapping it on...i couldnt get the thing to stick! Literally felt harder unwrapped vs. the in pack feeling. I know moisture has something to do with it....but i thought UV was the main driver. It was humid today....but yeah, thing hardened too quick for me to use. thinking of trying that moldable rubber stuff...dont really wanna use the wood dowels! lol

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Billy View Post
    Unless it is a very large hole I typically just fill with silicone.
    Its the TM mount holes, and theyre laying horizontally....so I dont think I can fill them with silicone....right? Figure I need something to act as the structure for the fill?