521C Top End Adjustemnts

So I can already tell that the hull on this 521 is a bit different than my previous 08 Z-21. But this hull has been around awhile, so wondering where guys are adjusting plate/trim for max top end. I am running 250 Pro XS, on a 10" Atlas Hydraulic, spinning a 24 Fury 3 blade. Am still in break in, so no long top end runs yet, just bursts. Yesterday I took plate to 10 like I had seen in a previous 520 post, and this resulted in 6100 Rpm and only 64mph. Immediately came out of it, dropped plate to 7 and she took off up to 70. Again had to come out of it, because still breaking in, but am curious what other owners have found to be the best setting for a good stable max top end ride?
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Both jack plate gauges and trim gauges are adjustable, and don’t always read the same from boat to boat. What you have seen, however, is that your current setup doesn’t run well when either the vertical engine height (ptp) or trim is too high. The Fury 3 also is known as a prop that doesn’t “like” to run quite as high as others. Depending upon the loading of your boat and other, environmental factors, a ptp setting in the 2.5 to 3 1/4 inch range and no more than 50% trim is in the ballpark. Probably going to take some close observation of settings (and results) over several test sessions to determine your best tune. With a 2018, you probably haven’t reached peak performance hours on your engine yet, but with that boat and dual poles, low 70s isn’t bad.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Break in on a Opti can go as long as 18 hours, you will feel the difference when it gets out of break in for sure.

4. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"