2004 hpdi 225 tilt&trim

The trim tabs, the silver pistons look like some fluid around them where the cap unscrews. Anyone changed thoses seals before? What kind of tool to use to unscrew caps? Thanks for any info, also motor was in down position, didn’t notice it last year. Fished last Saturday and stored in down position.

2. Member
    I was able to use a Harbor Freight adjustable pin wrench for the trim caps but sometimes they can be difficult to bust loose.

The seals are easy to replace, you can look up on here or youtube how to do them.

But check and see if your steel trim rams are mushroomed on the end. Usually they are and you can't get the Trim Cylinder cap off of the ram. Mine were bad and I tried grinding them down but just made a mess of it. My caps were also damaged so I bought the entire Trim Rod, Trim Cylinder Cap, and the seals all in one assembly and it was an easy plug and play type swap.

Trim rod and cap are around. $200.00 each. The trim rods can be be filed, sanded and polished if your careful. Best to have professional give it a try.
    Pasco marine in Florida can rebuild the entire unit for $430.00. 1 352 238 0229. Give Scott a call.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Member
    Thanks. I will look at getting the tool from harbor freight