Livewell operation

Ok I bought a 2001 Javelin 18 venom.
    Newest boat I've ever owned.
    All the writing is wore off the toggle switches.
    Can anyone explain to me how the livewell is works?
    Fresh water vs recirculation?
    Fill ect?

I have pics of the switch below the shifter and of the toggle switches if it might help.

Thanks in advance for any help all.

2. Member
    check your pm's

3. Member
    Thank you sir!

4. Member
    I wish tmapes225 reply would have been made public. As i have same question i just bought 2001 Renegade 19 and ita my 1st bassboat
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

5. Member
    I can text you the pictures as well. I can not post the pictures on here but I took pictures of the switches and if you can get them to post feel free to do that. I'm not trying to hide it but i just cant post them up here or they turn out very small photos. Mine has been garage kept and you can read them perfectly.

6. Member

This is my first attempt at attaching a picture on this forum.
    This is the switch panel on the 1997 Javelin 400 TDC that I just bought last month. I am going to have to learn how they operate as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    Looking for function details also, I have a 98 Javelin 379 F/S. I have a manual switch to open or close the live wells and an electrical switch to fill (Or recirculate the water) the live wells but nothing to drain them. Only way I found to drain them is pulling the boat out of the water and opening the manual switch. Is it possible to drain a live well while in water? Reason I ask is I had a couple suckers in the live well I was spearing last year, water got pretty nasty pretty quick and the boat wasn't pulled out of water for 4 days after that to drain the live wells. Talk about a messy clean up.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephillips66 View Post
    Looking for function details also, I have a 98 Javelin 379 F/S. I have a manual switch to open or close the live wells and an electrical switch to fill (Or recirculate the water) the live wells but nothing to drain them. Only way I found to drain them is pulling the boat out of the water and opening the manual switch. Is it possible to drain a live well while in water? Reason I ask is I had a couple suckers in the live well I was spearing last year, water got pretty nasty pretty quick and the boat wasn't pulled out of water for 4 days after that to drain the live wells. Talk about a messy clean up.
    There is no way to empty the livewells completely while in the water. You can open the valve and drive around the lake and they will empty partially but not completely. On most newer boats there is a pump out system which allows you to pump almost all of the water out of them but nothing completely unless you load on the trailer. Only way I know of you could get it out is with a portable bilge pump that you can clip on your battery.

9. Member
    Great information, thank you!

you can make your recirc also pump out by replacing your aerator. Just get the below and some hose/clips from flow rite and you'll be set. I never drilled a hole in my boat I just use a longer hose and pull it out of the battery compartment when needed.

https://flow-rite.com/products/marine/aerators/mp-1000
    -Justin
    2006 Stratos 294 - 200 Merc Optimax

11. Member

12. Member

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishdeep View Post
    Thanks for resizing and posting the pictures... I could not get it figured out on how to change them. The one next to the power switch pumps into the side of the livewell and the Aux. pumps into the top on the driver's side. the divider just lifts straight out and I usually only run the main one being it pumps water and mixes air with it. The timer is built in to the switch.