Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I know from experience that setting lower in my G is a lot safer than other brands. I went swimming when by buddy hooked his Triton during a blastoff in a big tournament. We were boat # 86 and by the time we took off it was a little rough. He caught a wave and we took a hard right and out of the boat I went. I had a hold on the grab handles too but it didn't matter. Then the first year I had my Intimidator I tried to return the favor and hooked mine at about 70 mph but we both stayed in the boat thanks to how low you sit in a G. I learned a valuable lesson not to touch the trim when turning at high speed. You can lower the jackplate and it helps a bunch but don't trim down before you slow down unless your going straight.

2. Member
    Welcome to the Brotherhood Waterhazard I'm sure your going to love your new Gambler. I looked at all of the pictures on e bay and that's a very sharp ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gambler View Post
    Everybody has their own reasoning for everything. Personally I won't have a single console & I'm 73....
    What! After complaining for years about my dual console which I removed last year, you wouldn’t have a single now! I gotta get me a drink...
    Last edited by BigMouth; 02-19-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by waterhazard70 View Post
    I live in Valrico, outside Tampa/Brandon. The boat will be in a house on Lake Clay in Lake Placid Florida most of the time though.
    Very nice, welcome to the family amd hope to see you around sometime. Maybe a get toghther or rally or something. You are gonna love that ride Im sure

Thanks for the welcome guys! I am excited to get it on the water and the kinks worked out. Always a nervous time when you buy a used boat. Having a center of knowledge here that you can pull from really helps.
    John Catlin

Gambler 2100SC W/ 250 Mercury ProXS

Deleting double post
    Last edited by waterhazard70; 02-20-2018 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Double post
    John Catlin

Gambler 2100SC W/ 250 Mercury ProXS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    What! After complaining for years about my dual console which I removed last year, you wouldn’t have a single now! I gotta get me a drink...
    Oh he!!, I just reread my post, it should have said I won't have anything but a single console !! That's what I get for not proof reading ...
    Mike Matthews

U.S.N. 1963-1969

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gambler View Post
    Oh he!!, I just reread my post, it should have said I won't have anything but a single console !! That's what I get for not proof reading ...
    Old geezers suck at proof reading anyway, nothing to be ashamed about.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    Old geezers suck at proof reading anyway, nothing to be ashamed about.
    Mike Matthews

U.S.N. 1963-1969

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12