Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Single Console 2100 for Lil Red

Seems I remember Lil Red liking single console Gamblers and I seen where one is for sale on e-bay. It's in Florida so it's in the right state and he wouldn't have to drive to far to pick it up. Looks like a nice one too, with a new model 250 Merc. with only 29 hours. Maybe he could sale enough wild pigs to go get it.

2. Member
    There is two 2100 SC’s for sale in central Florida. One has a 225 Pro XS and the other has a 250 XS. IM surprised both are still available, both are loaded and in nice condition and are fairly priced. Someone will get a sweet ride!

3. Member
    I was going to show it to my brother in law tonight but it was all ready gone. It didn't last very long.

4. Member
    This one is for sale on BBC as well - https://lakeland.craigslist.org/boa/...483033587.html

and this other one - https://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/d...450610555.html

practically twins!

I know the Single console fishes better, but dang if it doesn’t look weird on a Gambler!
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by low slung cruiser View Post
    I know the Single console fishes better, but dang if it doesn’t look weird on a Gambler!
    I personally don't care for the single console myself.

I went from always thinking they (single consoles) look weird to loving them after my 2100 I had a few years ago. I had always had duals prior. I think its just what you get used to looking at and then all of the sudden it grows on you. So much so that I got my Sterling in a single despite it potentially making it harder for me to sell down the road.

Both of those look like really clean pieces lil red.

Yes they look very beautiful, I have somewhat been rethinking it since the ejection on Lake Okeechobee. I know it would fish better but also I have been looking at property in Alabama and cant swing both

From a safety standpoint I plan to never own anything but a dual...
    im 34 and I’ve been in 2 on the water accidents... one with a dual and one with a single...the emergency room was needed in the single...walked away from the head on cliff collision in the dual console with no ambulance needed!

11. Member
    You guys drove head on into a cliff?

Yep!
    2014 hydraulic steering hose in starboard side ruptured at the brass 90degrre fitting cause loss of control in a turn at 70+...
    boat cut hard right into a rock wall, then a dock

Yep!
    2014 hydraulic steering hose in starboard side ruptured at the brass 90degrre fitting cause loss of control in a turn at 70+...
    boat cut hard right into a rock wall, then a dock
    glad you guys did OK in that circumstance. After seeing the accident on the FLW tour from the ejection of the co-angler, just not sure if that would be my next choice or not. Definite fishability would be better, but thinking about 90% of the time my wife is my co-angler and now I have a 9 month old coming up that I'm sure will want to go with me all the time.

14. Member
    From a safety standpoint I plan to never own anything but a dual...
    im 34 and I’ve been in 2 on the water accidents... one with a dual and one with a single...the emergency room was needed in the single...walked away from the head on cliff collision in the dual console with no ambulance needed!
    Everybody has their own reasoning for everything. Personally I won't have a single console & I'm 73....
    Mike Matthews

U.S.N. 1963-1969

15. Member
    Personally, I love my SC and like the look of the SC’s better than the duals, always have from all brands of boats. For my needs in a boat a SC fits best as I fish solo most of the time and having the open space is nice. So I’m on the other side of the curve lol!

Too Funny, I looked at both boats and bought the one in South Florida 2 hours after it was posted. I had actually looked at it before it was traded in or sold to this dealer I got it from. So I have met the previous owner. It was really dirty when I saw it and the dealer invested some money in the seats and the detailing. Its a 2001 with a 2016 250 ProXS (29 hours). Warranty on the motor till 2021. Boat hull is in great shape. Seats were completely redone. Came with two new 10ft Power Poles and a completely rebuilt trailer, custom wheels, etc. I completely took apart the console today and cleaned and repaired little things here and there. Will need new carpet because, well lets just say the guy who did it wasnt a professional carpet installer. As soon as I saw it I knew it was the one I had been looking for and I jumped at it. The price was way more than fair considering the warranty on the motor and the power-poles and new interior, new trailer build, etc.

Here is what is really really crazy. I did a little research and it turns out that this actual boat was owned by one of my friends when it was brand new. I am its third owner basically. He sold it to a father who gave it to his son. So technically 4th owner but...

Its my first Gambler so I am going to have to get used to it. Speed isn't a really big deal to me but I dont like getting passed by half the field. I wanted the boat because of the front deck. I like having my partner up there flipping with me because I feel like we can be more efficient than if he is back on the tail end of the boat swinging away from the grass line, etc.

Looking forward to learning a lot from all you guys that run these boats.
    Last edited by waterhazard70; 02-18-2018 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Add Pictures
    John Catlin

Gambler 2100SC W/ 250 Mercury ProXS

17. Member
    I have a 2007, red, single console with a pro xs 250 that has about 95 hours for sale. I'm getting ready to post it on here.

Quote Originally Posted by waterhazard70 View Post
    Too Funny, I looked at both boats and bought the one in South Florida 2 hours after it was posted. I had actually looked at it before it was traded in or sold to this dealer I got it from. So I have met the previous owner. It was really dirty when I saw it and the dealer invested some money in the seats and the detailing. Its a 2001 with a 2016 250 ProXS (29 hours). Warranty on the motor till 2021. Boat hull is in great shape. Seats were completely redone. Came with two new 10ft Power Poles and a completely rebuilt trailer, custom wheels, etc. I completely took apart the console today and cleaned and repaired little things here and there. Will need new carpet because, well lets just say the guy who did it wasnt a professional carpet installer. As soon as I saw it I knew it was the one I had been looking for and I jumped at it. The price was way more than fair considering the warranty on the motor and the power-poles and new interior, new trailer build, etc.

Here is what is really really crazy. I did a little research and it turns out that this actual boat was owned by one of my friends when it was brand new. I am its third owner basically. He sold it to a father who gave it to his son. So technically 4th owner but...

Its my first Gambler so I am going to have to get used to it. Speed isn't a really big deal to me but I dont like getting passed by half the field. I wanted the boat because of the front deck. I like having my partner up there flipping with me because I feel like we can be more efficient than if he is back on the tail end of the boat swinging away from the grass line, etc.

Looking forward to learning a lot from all you guys that run these boats.
    Where do you live at? Would love to see it in person and ride in one before I completly swesr one off. I know I live my duals but dont feel as comfortable in my buddies ranger. Not a Bash just in his 205 I feel like I sit up so much higher

19. Member
    Ill be honest, gamblers all seem to have that "your IN the boat" feeling to them. Your sitting lower in the water but you feel safer almost, not like a ranger or especially not like the new Nitros. It is really all about what YOU like! But if your going to be fishing with a wife or your child / kid I would go Dual all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by lil red 02 View Post
    Where do you live at? Would love to see it in person and ride in one before I completly swesr one off. I know I live my duals but dont feel as comfortable in my buddies ranger. Not a Bash just in his 205 I feel like I sit up so much higher
    I live in Valrico, outside Tampa/Brandon. The boat will be in a house on Lake Clay in Lake Placid Florida most of the time though.
    John Catlin

Gambler 2100SC W/ 250 Mercury ProXS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast