05 smartcraft continuous beepad

OT980280
    05 verado 250

Hello had my boat on the lake for the first time since sept. The alarm would sound and the boat would not go in gear. I was able to get it to reset by turning the key off and back on. Went a good ways down the lake boat run fine. I stopped to an idle and the alarm went off again. I was finally able to get back to the dock by stopping each time it alarmed and wait until it would only beep once so I could put it in gear. I have added the pic of the smart gage while it was alarming. Looks like dts on screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    Sorry I can’t seem to figure out how to upload the picture from my phone.

3. Member
    Water pressure was good also

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No picture attached. Need to get it in and have the RUN HISTORY and the FREEZE-FRAME (Fault) History PRINTED OUT for review.

If you can get that- would be glad to review.

VERY first place to look is the BATTERY, and all BATTERY CONNECTIONS.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thanks I guess I will have to bring it to you guys. The picture upload is not working out. The smart craft gages says dts on th screen with the alarm and engine symbols. I did just install a new HDS 12 in the dash. Hoping I did not mess with any wires. You guys are about an hour and a half from me. What’s the charge to diagnose?
    Last edited by bassmaster6548; 02-16-2018 at 04:50 PM.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You have a PM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor