Prop for Alpha 211

I was finally able to take possession of my new to me 2011 Alpha 211. It came with a 25P Fury prop. I want to get a back up prop. I have not had a chance to run the boat so I don't know exactly what my numbers are yet. It comes out of the hole great with just 2 230lb guys and almost full gas tank. I want something good out of the hole with good handling. I had a 4 blade prop on my previous boat. What do you guys that have experience with this boat recommend? It has a 10" manual plate and a 250 Pro XS. Thanks

My 09 211 / 250 Pro XS loved the 26p 3 blade Fury... Great hole shot and 72-74 consistent. The 26p 4 blade trophy lost a 1-2mph but it handled like nobody's business and hole shot was instant.
    My 13 211R / 250 Pro XS loved the 25p 3 blade Fury... Decent Hole shot but a little slower. Never tried the 26p trophy on it.
    Both had a 10" hydrodynamics set at 3.25" below pad.

Reality is seat time and playing around with JP height will dial you in to what will work best. I may be wrong but I think the 2011 pro Xs may run just as good on a 26p... dont quote me tho.
    @captainmorganlegend

3. Member
    Thanks Capt! I've wondered how a Trophy would do... I called the prop shop who told me that I needed a 25P tempest, said a bravo wouldn't be too good on that boat. I am glad to hear that a trophy runs well done. Now I I guess I just need to decide on a tempest or a trophy. I'm not as concerned about Top Speed as I am hole shot and handling.

4. Member
    Tempest is the best of both a fury and a 4 blade in my mind I still use my 4 blade on big water
    Nitro z21

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    Tempest is the best of both a fury and a 4 blade in my mind I still use my 4 blade on big water
    Arron Martins swears by the tempest on his boat. You can't beat that top end speed.

2005 Legend LE-21
    2015 Mercury PRO XS 250
    Hummingbird 1198 SI 998 SI
    Helix 12 DI/GPS Chirp
    Hummingbird 360
    MinnKota 112
    Hydrowave
    MinnKota Talon

6. Member
    Ok, I'll be looking for a good Tempest then!