Suzuki 250ss fuel treatments

I have a 2017 Suzuki 250SS. I've done a little searching on BBC forums. But my question is, for my particular engine and/or stroke freshwater outboards in general, what fuel additives should one use? I run Stabil if it will sit several weeks. I assume that is ok. But what about, for example, Lucas ethanol treatment? I'm willing to spend the money to be preventative.
    Thanks

2. Member
    Did you by chance get an external fuel water separator installed as well? The dealer installed one on my boat when I repowered just to be on the safe side even though my motor already has ones. Regarding fuel treatments, I'd run whatever fuel stabilizer you are comfortable with or use Mercury's ethanol fuel system treatment.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

3. Member
    I run b12 chemtool in everything gas I have ever had. Good luck in 2 years of Suzuki ownership.

4. Member
    Booter is have a fuel water separated installed inside my bilge area if that's what you're referring to. I'm guessing that something I'll have checked and changed during my 100 hour maintenance? It is see-thru on the bottom. The liquid looks yellowish. Is that normal?

5. Member
    If the liquid looks yellowish, it's normal and I wouldn't be concerned unless you are seeing clear fluid that indicates water. Personally, I'd probably change the filter after your first outing and had a chance to put fresh gas in it after sitting all winter.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

6. Member
    Thanks for the tip