Gaston this weekend.

Ok so will be heading down to lake this weekend. Saturday will probably not have time but hoping to do some fishing Sunday.

I always seem to catch something but my son (12) doesn't. Looking for some guidance so he does not loose his want go fish.
    Was going to try spinnerbait/chatterbait and maybe lipless crankbaits. Start around bridges and banks in creeks.

Not looking for any special spot or secret sause, just trying to catch a few with the family.

Thank
    Semper Fi

2. Member
    I went yesterday and fished for about 3 hours. Put in at pea hill landing and fished between the bridges. Caught 4 with biggest about 3 pounds . All caught on a speed shad green with black stripes orange belly. Boat in about 12' and throwing up to bank , most hit it about half way back to the bank. Mainly little cuts off main creek

3. Member
    Look for channel swing main lake banks below Eaton ferry bridge and crank and throw suspending jerkbait, should catch a bunch of decent little spots

The spots are awesome for young fishermen they fight hard for size and you can get into a bunch.

5. Member
    thanks will give that a try
    Semper Fi

6. Procraft/Astro Boats Moderator
    How's the water clarity looking? Temps?
    John Woodward

2010 Nitro Z8

Gaston has spots?
    Eric Goff
    2019 Nitro Z20
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    model #12500033A
    SB590181

Yes, unfortunately we do.

9. Procraft/Astro Boats Moderator
    Went yesterday. Fished from 10 - Dark. I did not get a single bass bite the entire day. My partner caught three small ones on the A-rig all in the last 30 minutes. We fished from below Peahill up to americamps. Threw the entire boat... talk about a tough day.
    John Woodward

2010 Nitro Z8

10. Member
    We were on the water from 11:30 til maybe 4. I had "A" bite! That's it. Didn't do as much fishing as I was hoping for (Wife and 2 kids with me) but I had a great day on the water with the family! Did not fish below the bridge. Water was rougher down there so I was asked to stay above bridge..

Still trying to figure out what to do when. I will get there. Will try again next weekend.

Oh,,,, water was 48-52. Pretty clean main lake, back of creeks stained
    Semper Fi