Thread: Yamaha Egine's

Banned

Yamaha Egine's

So, with Yamaha playing their games with engine distribution, how many boat orders are in limbo waiting on engines and how many have cancelled boat orders do to Yamaha's actions? Just curious is all.

2. Member
    I do not think they are playing games. The hurricane that hit Japan created problems for them and about the same time people decided the Sho was going to be ok after years of people not being sure of the oil making stuff. You add these two to the fact that people are more confident in the going forward economy and the bass boat market as exploded, and everyone is having a hard time keeping up. The boat companies and motor companies are having a hard time getting caught back up, Yamaha is just having a little harder time. The three things created a prefect storm that put them way behind and they are having trouble gearing up.

3. Member
    Canceling my boat build has never crossed my mind. I’m currently 23 weeks in, so nearly 6 months. I have to admit that I am getting a little anxious. If I go past mid-March I may start to get a little upset and start pressing my dealer for a loaner boat to use for tournaments.

I can assure you it's not a "game" Yamaha is playing. As mentioned above, there are a number of valid reasons their production got behind demand...mostly unanticipated demand due to market fluctuations. BassCat is having a time keeping up with the demand for certain models of their boats. You can probably find alomost any model if you're willing to travel and are not particular about your color choices. If you want a custom built boat, you have to prepare yourself for a wait. Yamaha is releasing engines to BCB. It likely depends on which engine you want. If I were making a wild guess, I'd bet the 250's are the most in demand.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80