Paint Specific Questions from a Newbie

Hey Guys,
    I'm still in the process of buying everything I need to get started painting plugs, and all of the comments on my previous posts have been very helpful. The questions I have now are more specific about the paint itself. I will be trying Createx products at first, and I'm a little unsure of the most simple way to reduce and mix colors.
    - How many guys use a transparent medium? For those who do, is it only used in certain colors?
    - Does the same apply for a reducer?
    - How many use the 4030 Intercoat Additive? Is it only used for flow, or does it affect how paints are blended?
    - After the comments received about dipping in KBS, I'm sold on it, but are you guys still spraying a clear top coat, when using KBS? If so, is the top coat sparyed before or after dipping in KBS?
    I read where some guys spray a satin or matte clear from a rattle can over the KBS to deaden the shine, which is why I asked about the order if using a top coat of clear from createx.

Thanks in advance for all of the help!
    2015 Phoenix 819

2. Member
    No need for a topcoat over the KBS, and while you can spray a matte finish on it to kill the shine, there isn't a point. It looks the same underwater. I use water and/or "pledge with future" flooring finish to dilute paints. If I am doing a big batch that I will bottle, I use pledge with future and water in a 50/50 mix. Usually i am too lazy for that and dilute with water in a small container and pour that straight into the cup on the brush.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    Thanks! That is more along the lines of what I'll be doing, at least for my personal plugs. I plan to do several in the same color pattern each time, so learning to mix and dilute paints will be key in me being able to knock a handful out when I have time to do it. I'm not artistic in the least, but I have found general color schemes that consistently produce seasonally, and this will allow me to duplicate the color in multiple types of plugs.
    2015 Phoenix 819