Thread: Saddle Tank

Saddle Tank

Guy I bought my 21XDC off of said he did not recall using the saddle tank. Found a green wire not hooked up to it, think it goes to the float. I put a small amount of fuel in it to loosen up an crud in the bottom of the tank. Assuming I can fill it up and everything should work. Is there anything else I need to check before I try it this spring?

2. Member
    The green wire is possibly the ground wire for the sender unit. Look at the other tank's 2 wires, it will be the same. With this said, I'm assuming the wire was laying ON the tank not inside as there are no wires inside other than the small wire which is attached to the sending unit's rheostat.
    As far as any crud in the tank. You'll have to completely purge to get it all out or you'll be in for trouble as you'll continually be stopping up carb jets/injectors and could even fry the engine!
    20XDC Bullet/Modified Merc 260
    295TF Charger/Merc 225X-Sold
    20' Contender Pickle Fork/Merc EFI Bridgeport-Sold
    18' Stratus with Sommerford Tunnel Vee Hull/2.4 EFI Merc High Perf-Sold
    Freedom 240DLX Toon/Merc 115
    10' Cougar Cub/Merc 25 on the Bottle
    18" Homebuilt Tunnel/.021 OS Max Outboard on 50% Nitro with a Pipe

3. Member
    the Bullet I had with saddle tanks didn't run very well when I had gas in them

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    the Bullet I had with saddle tanks didn't run very well when I had gas in them
    I use mine all the time......that hammer will tote a load
    2003 Stroker with 2014 SHO
    2012 21RDC Bullet with 2016 SHO

5. Member
    I did have a 250XB on the back, but not what you have!! Even the colors were similar to yours

6. Member
    Yes the green wire was on the outside of the tank. And believe it is a ground. But I can’t find a red wire like the main tank. Not really crude just looks like gelled gas. I am assuming the only way to know the fuel level is to add another guague. I don’t know if a switch to show fuel level with the one guague.