Live from the Miami Boat International Show

The Miami International Boat Show is not a bass market show and there most likely will be no bass boats on the site. Though in the marine industry the Miami Show is a huge time for new product introductions by engine companies and other marine segments.

Today, at 10:15 AM EDT (9:15 CDT), Mercury will make an announcement for their latest segment in the market place. It will not be in the area many anticipate though it will be impacting a significant segment of our market.

If you have time, they are to be broadcasting it on Facebook Live and it might be worth a watch.

BCB

2. Member
    New line of light 4 strokes announced. 175, 200, and 225 HP. 475 pounds.

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/ca/...Outboard-Motor
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

3. Member
    Interesting.

4. Member
    Ack. Ugliest mercury outboard ever made. Unless you are a "transformer" fan or something.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

Hmmm.......that 225 looks like a perfect match for the new Caracal I am ordering. When will they be available?
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

6. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Yes super ugly. Trying to copy Evenrude?
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

7. Member
    Out of the water i can say they don't appear very appealing, but looking at the pics mounted to a boat and in the water, i think they are kinda cool. I said the same about the G2, didn't care for it at first now i think they are pretty cool. I really don't care if the thing was a square block painted purple, as long as it works when i need it to. big block 4 stroke at 475lbs is pretty awseome if you ask me. Will be very interested to her the numbers once they run them...I'd be hard pressed to believe that good ole Rick hasnt had one mounted to the back of a cat yet over at Lake X.

Quote Originally Posted by JayLaw View Post
    s I'd be hard pressed to believe that good ole Rick hasnt had one mounted to the back of a cat yet over at Lake X.

You know now he was just down in Kissimmee for the open.......
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

9. Member
    Ugh.. that definitely isn't the prettiest outboard I've ever seen. I need to order my new basscat soon while the ProXS is still made LOL

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichSkeeter77 View Post
    Yes super ugly. Trying to copy Evenrude?
    I hope they change to a better looking engine cover design at the least.

11. Member
    If it works people will buy. This is not any uglier then the G2, but the G2 can be custom painted to match boat. I bet they introduce a motor for 250 and up at Bass Master Classic.

12. Member
    Some folks have a hard time with change. I bet the looks grow on most after a while. I personally thought the Pro XS was outdated in looks and design. That's why I put a SHO on my current rig. The 4 stroke technology is superior in every way. I wish Mercury the best with this new platform and will definitely consider the new 250 Merc 4 stroke on my next rig. I'll bet the 250 -300 HPs are little more dressed up than what was introduced in Miami. I'm hearing rumors of them being launched at the Bassmasters Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by JayLaw View Post
    Out of the water i can say they don't appear very appealing, but looking at the pics mounted to a boat and in the water, i think they are kinda cool. I said the same about the G2, didn't care for it at first now i think they are pretty cool. I really don't care if the thing was a square block painted purple, as long as it works when i need it to. big block 4 stroke at 475lbs is pretty awseome if you ask me. Will be very interested to her the numbers once they run them...I'd be hard pressed to believe that good ole Rick hasnt had one mounted to the back of a cat yet over at Lake X.
    Agree 100%

There is no engine release at the Classic.