Newest Garmin woes

70dv New refurbished from Garmin
    PS21 New from Garmin

All was well. Now Panoptix live view takes like 15-30 to show anything and then works fine.

Yesterday fished two hours and never got an image.

So now what???

2. Member
    Reset to defaults?

Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    70dv New refurbished from Garmin
    PS21 New from Garmin

All was well. Now Panoptix live view takes like 15-30 to show anything and then works fine.

Yesterday fished two hours and never got an image.

So now what???
    It sounds like you could be having intermittent Ethernet issues, maybe a faulty Ethernet cable. Check the Ethernet connections, then check to see if you can hear the transducer clicking to verify it has power and the power on line to the transducer is working.
    Garmin Pro Team

Warmer weather today (70 air and 45 water). Took about five mins to come on and then worked great.

Warm out today and took an hour to pick up bottom :(

6. Member
    monte - can you post a photo of your Ethernet connection with cable at back of 70dv unit?

7. Member
    Montess. This sounds to me like a power issue with the Panoptix. Taking separately that sometimes it takes so long to startup could be a poor power connection, perhaps intermittent. I've seen power connections like this that once the connection was made then the connection, even though not good would be maintained. The power supplied would give inconsistent current. I would pull the power wire for the Panoptix and redo it, making certain it was secure. I would stick with resolving the powerup issue until it was resolved and the Panoptix powered up consistently with the unit. Redoing the electrical for the Panoptix means both wires pos and neg. I really don't think that trying to resolve depth display or anything else ought to be considered until the power up is resolved.

The troubleshooting here is not long and drawn out. You only have the power and ethernet connections.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Are you getting any error notices or messages when the unit is not working (disconnected, too hot or too cold, etc.)?
    Garmin Pro Team

I removed the fuse going to the PS21. 70dv said "no transducer found" or something like that.

I remover the cable from the back of the unit and noticed the o-ring is missing. I will replace it. Maybe moisture gettin in?

Otherwise no error messages.

Just seems like it is not finding bottom.

I will try redoing the power wire connection

Ty.

I think MonteSS should be a Garmin Beta tester. If something could possibly screw up it’s happened to MonteSS.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    I think MonteSS should be a Garmin Beta tester. If something could possibly screw up it’s happened to MonteSS.
    I hear ya :)

Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    I removed the fuse going to the PS21. 70dv said "no transducer found" or something like that.

I remover the cable from the back of the unit and noticed the o-ring is missing. I will replace it. Maybe moisture gettin in?

Otherwise no error messages.

Just seems like it is not finding bottom.

I will try redoing the power wire connection

Ty.
    If you haven't reset the Panoptix settings to factory defaults, please do that. Could you have the depth range set to manual and too shallow to show the bottom?
    Garmin Pro Team

Depth on auto.

Is Panoptix defaults set separately from unit?

ty

Still wont come on unless........I point at this. Then works great. PS21 is two clicks down.

Attached Images Attached Images

15. Member
    My ps22 did that when I first fired it up. Had a depth range of 300 and the “bottom” was so small in top left of screen. Went to manual, back to auto....haven’t happened again.

I will try that Cactus. ty

17. Member
    I think the Panoptix defaults are separate from reseting the defaults for sonar on the main unit. It's under Setup->Installation->Restore defaults.

The terrain I fish varies a lot in depth. I prefer manual depth just so the screen is not jumping around and mixing me up on how deep the fish are. With manual depth, the midways down the screen is always the same depth and I don't have to think about it.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

So I put depth on manual and it worked fine. Clicked back on auto and worked fine. Will see next time if it works right away on auto. TYVM