NEED SOME ADVICE

Need some advice HPDI 150 2013, my lower right power trim ram seal keeps leaking, I’ve had the thing rebuilt every year since new. my last year of warranty the dealer installed new caps and seals. Its leaking again. One thing I noticed is there is a lot of pressure when I remove the fill cap it will blow the cap off when I unscrew. Is there supposed to be that much PSI in their could this be blowing the seal out. Once its repaired it last for about 6 months. I’m frustrated did I just get a lemon?
    Thanks for any and all advice

2. Banned
    Sound like the unit has trapped air inside. Needs to be bled properly. The other possibility, maybe that particular ram has a smal scratch and cant seal properly.

3. Member
    I had the same issue on my 2012 175 HPDI. I finally complained to Yamaha and they replaced the whole unit.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    I had the same issue on my 2012 175 HPDI. I finally complained to Yamaha and they replaced the whole unit.
    im thinking about just pulling the whole trim unit off and swapping it out it doesn't look all that hard to do.

5. Member
    I would just replace the trim rod, cap and the part the trim rod rubs on. Can’t recall the name of that part. Once those are replaced there should be no leaking. When refilling make sure to allow a lot of time for the air to work it way out before putting the fill cap back on. I did mine last winter and she was as good as new. I did both sides for around $280 with parts from Boats.net. A boat dealer friend of mine said to make sure not to over fill it. He says that if you take the fill cap off and fluid squirts across the room with it is on the motor support lock, that’s air pressure built up in there or over filled. I think it took me a couple of trip before the unit was bled really well. They are self bleeding, but I would take the fill cap off to release any air for a couple of trips.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawglip View Post
    I would just replace the trim rod, cap and the part the trim rod rubs on. Can’t recall the name of that part. Once those are replaced there should be no leaking. When refilling make sure to allow a lot of time for the air to work it way out before putting the fill cap back on. I did mine last winter and she was as good as new. I did both sides for around $280 with parts from Boats.net. A boat dealer friend of mine said to make sure not to over fill it. He says that if you take the fill cap off and fluid squirts across the room with it is on the motor support lock, that’s air pressure built up in there or over filled. I think it took me a couple of trip before the unit was bled really well. They are self bleeding, but I would take the fill cap off to release any air for a couple of trips.
    That is what I was thinking is that it was over filed thanks for the advice I had both caps and rods changed last year by the same dealer that did the warranty work I don't think they did a very good job. being I know all he parts are new I think I ill just change the one seal that's leaking again and do like you recommend with filling the fluid and go from there.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    64E-43820-00-00
    Should be the part you need to fix all your probems, This is for the showa style pump. It is the complete lower ram assembly's.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyztoyz View Post
    64E-43820-00-00
    Should be the part you need to fix all your probems, This is for the showa style pump. It is the complete lower ram assembly's.
    thanks

9. Member
    I replaced the piston/cap assy’s on mine and it fixed a recurring cap seal leak.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 201pro View Post
    I replaced the piston/cap assy’s on mine and it fixed a recurring cap seal leak.
    thanks I ordered one and will give that a try. at least will know what's going in this time and I wont have to assume its new parts.