Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Post Want to SEE what's being released for YOURSELF?

Please join Mercury Marine on Facebook live tomorrow at 10:15 a.m. EST to learn more details about new product introductions taking place at the Miami International Boat Show.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

I'm in
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

3. Member
    I'm now following

4. Member
    175, 200, and 225 3.4 liter V6's.

5. Banned
    Heres the unveil, I wonder wonder why these look different from the smaller new pro xs 4 strokes and why no 250 yet? https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/...Outboard-Motor
    Last edited by Legend LE-195; 02-15-2018 at 09:08 AM.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Well there you go, 175/200/225hp 3.4L V-6, Naturally Aspirated.

Available in 4 different colors (200/225 models), with a variety of decal options.

Adaptive Speed Control, will have Standard (Cable) AND DTS models available.

Lightest in class, best torque, and run through rugged Lake-X Testing for over 23K hours before release.

Also released was the 150 ProXS model (for the Bass Market).

Suspect there will be more to come as the year goes on... time will tell. Be interesting to see the boats at the Classic this year, too!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Wonder when they will be available?

I'll be interested in straight up comparisons on the new Merc 225 to a Sho 225......holeshot, top end, etc... on a bass boat

9. Member
    So there won't be any 175--200--225 ProXS these will take their place?

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by red186 View Post
    So there won't be any 175--200--225 ProXS these will take their place?
    I'm confused too... From the facebook video these will replace both the v-rods and the optimax products

11. Member
    Maybe these are like the Yamaha F models?

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The 2.5L Optimax Models (Including the 150 ProXS) and the 4 cylinder Verado will be discontinued and replaced by these engine models.

3L Optimax ProXS models are still "current" as of this moment, but will likely be replaced in the coming months.

13. Banned
    Is there no 250HP?

14. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    What is the angle of the block Don?

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Current release was 175-225hp.

Good question, Fred- will have to check on that one.

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    What is the angle of the block Don?
    64 Degree, 24 Valve DOHC

17. donnybassfishing..com
    Prices? Will the gen2 lower unit be on them? If not what lower unit?

18. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Pricing is available through your local dealer (need to price through a dealer that you will purchase through).

These will not be using the TM gearcases (come with the 4.8 or 5.44" gearcase, very similar to the Verado lineup).

19. donnybassfishing..com
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Pricing is available through your local dealer (need to price through a dealer that you will purchase through).

These will not be using the TM gearcases (come with the 4.8 or 5.44" gearcase, very similar to the Verado lineup).
    bummer on the lower unit. I think that’s one of the biggest advantages mercury has over the rest of the field. I guess I don’t know much about the verado case though.

20. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The 4.8" Verado Case is where the internals/gears used in the G2 Torquemaster debuted (except for the propshaft).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast