Slack on power poles

I know this might be a dumb ? But I have two power pole pro and they have slack in them to weather you or on water or highway they kinda bounce around, I figure about a 1/2 inch of slack. Is there some adjustment or a trick to get them to stop or do I just go about my business?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Ensure all brackets and mounting bolts to jackplate are tight. On the poles you may need to snug (not lock down) the pivot bolts up just a little. There is an owners manual you can download if you want. Just go to google and download it. I had an issue that I couldn't resolve and called power pole for help. Their customer service should service as a model for all other companies to follow.
    Phillip "Wade" Norris
    2015 Ranger Z520C
    250 Merc Optimax Pro XS (S# 2B113454)
    25P Fury - 4 blade all holes open

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Most likely it is the pivot bolts, they are to be checked every 100 cycles or so, and to often this is not done as part of regular maintenance. As mentioned above bolts should be snugged. Overtigtening can cause binding as well as premature bushing wear.

4. Member
    They could need new bushings as well. I replaced bushing in mine last year and it made a world of difference.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    They could need new bushings as well. I replaced bushing in mine last year and it made a world of difference.
    yes very true

6. Member
    How often should you replace the bushings?

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    its not a matter of how often, alot goes into that like if you or the other owner was not tightening the pivot bolts or overtightening them. How much they are used, how much you fish etc..