Seastar refill question

I have a small leak in my Seastar Hydraulic steering. I’ve seen the fill from the helm videos on YouTube. Has anyone done this for a quick fix? Any info or experienced would be greatly appreciated.
    Lanierspotman
    2023 Skeeter 21ZXR 2023 250 SHO
    Lake Lanier, GA

2. Member
    If your leak is at the cylinder seals, buy the seal kit, spanner wrench and fix it. Did mine a couple years ago, easy job.

3. Member
    I added fluid for a year, then got seal kit, easy job. Make sure you have a breaker bar.

4. Member
    I should add, it was a small leak from one cylindar. I topped it off at the helm a couple times one year. It could be a serious safety issue if not fixed. It should be an easy fix though.

5. Member
    Do a search. There is plenty of prior posts on this topic.

6. Member
    Just did mine yesterday. I use Wal-mart trim/tilt/steering/hydraulic fluid in the tubes that cost less than $3.00 here. Boat had been sitting a couple of weeks I noticed a little seepage on the jackplate so I topped off the helm. If you never run the helm dry you won't have to bleed it again. I turn it all the way Port, remove the cap and fill to the bottom of the filler screw threads, then repeat on the Starboard full turn. I use a tube in about 6 months of Summer fishing, for that much I ain't gonna disassemble it.