Question Chatterbait Experts - Opinion on Chatterbait Freedom version

I purchased a few of the Chatterbait Freedom versions. The ones with the free swinging hook and you can Texas rig your trailer to it. Anyway, wondering how you all like them. Seems to me the vibration to the trailer is going to be dampened by the free swinging hook. It looks like a good choice if you need a weedless option, but wondering if it's as deadly as the original.

4. Banned
    Put a fluke on one it vibrates like crazy.

5. Member
    Somebody should sue them for copying others technology.

6. Member
    My success with the non-swinging version has been great. The swinging one not as much. Seems I miss more fish. But like you said, better in thicker grass. I do like the rip the regular version through the sparser grass though. I think both have a place, I just worry about my hookup % so always default to the regular one when something is on the line.

7. Member
    I picked up 2 last year.....not a fan. Runs too high in water column. Even with no trailer, it would run just under surface even at a snail's pace.

Well I worked this lure exclusively this weekend. I got plenty of bites and some good sized fish...but didn’t land any of them. I couldn’t get a hook in them to save my life. I actually snatch a 3 pounder out of the water and it flew over the boat. The were eating it, but the hook wasn’t penetrating. Great snagless lure around wood and grass, but it appears to be snagless with fish also.

I’m not giving up though. The bite was so good...I got to figure out how to hook them. I was using a soft rod like I would use with the regular chatterbait. Next weekend I’m going to rig this on a MH to H full graphite vs the glass rod I used today.

9. Black Hills Energy Collin C.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Genovese View Post
    I picked up 2 last year.....not a fan. Runs too high in water column. Even with no trailer, it would run just under surface even at a snail's pace.

I agree, I will stick with the custom series.
    Bass Cat
    Eyra 300xs

10. Member
    Same here. Used it last year and got plenty of bites but couldn’t hook a single fish. Thought it as just me.

Has less action and fish can throw easily with all free moving parts