Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by grayline View Post
    Guys are talking about "skipping" baits ? You guys are acheiving this with a 7'6" rod? Wow and heavy? Double wow..
    I have a straight 6' medium Veritas with a lews 5:1 reel . Thats all I use it for is skipping docks and pockets .
    How are you guys standing on the bow and side skipping a 7'6" heavy rod? Even Aaron Martin's uses a 6' medium and sometimes a 6' spincast.. am I missing something here?
    Depends what you are skipping. Weightless worms, senko's, and tubes I tend to use a old 6' spinning rod. Jigs I use a number of rods, but none are longer than 7'. That little short spinning rod is cheap, not very sensitive, but it makes skipping under 6" high docks and between pontoons easier than a longer rod. Buddy uses a 5'6" rod, and is much better at it than I am.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkyarcher View Post
    Lews TP1 or for 20 less Lews mach speed stick.
    I second the TP1s I now own 8 of them in various weights and lengths awesome rods

Quote Originally Posted by Aric11 View Post
    For $20 more get a Carbonlite 2.0. These rods are awesome. I know BassPro gets knocked quite a bit on here, but these rods are the real deal. I used to own $160 Crucials with Shimano...used to... They're not even in the same league as the Carbonlites IMHO. Not sponsored, just really like these rods. I also had a Duckett Micro Magic at one point to. The Carbonlite felt lighter, better balanced and again way more sensitive. You don't have to buy one if you don't want to, but I encourage you to pick one up, just once, and tell me I'm wrong ;)

Length and Action really depends what you want to do with it. But a 7' M/H can do a lot. I use 7'6" rods exclusively for most everything. I have the odd shorter rod but for specialty stuff only.
    This was what I was coming in to suggest. The Carbonlites are EXCELLENT for the price if you're okay with supporting the evil empire.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    This was what I was coming in to suggest. The Carbonlites are EXCELLENT for the price if you're okay with supporting the evil empire.
    I own four or them and will probably pick up the fifth one this Saturday!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    The new carbon lite's are very nice.
    I have 2 of them and they are very nice!!
    Hi Mike.

6. Member
    Tackle warehouse has some good deals in there clearance at times. I like the bass pro shops bionic blade rods.
    Polish Power

7. Banned
    I got 2 Halo Daylite rods (the previous model) for $60 each shipped to my door. Really nice rods for the money. Light, more guides than the average, and feel really nice all around. I use customs and a few rods all over the spectrum, but am more impressed with these for how much they were.

8. Member
    Falcon, St. Croix Avid or Mojo Bass.

9. Member
    Falcon BuCoo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123