Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Olympic TV Coverage

Is it just my misperception, or is the NBC coverage of the Olympics on TV less, in both air time and depth of coverage, than in the past? While I understand that they give far more attention to US athletes than those for other countries, it also seems as if they are only showing highlights of the events, rather than showing all of the competitors with beginning to end coverage of the events. I thought their coverage of previous Olympics involved all of their cable channels. This time around, I only see 3 of their channels broadcasting Olympic coverage and then for only part of the day. Or, is it that there is just less coverage of the winter games compared to the summer games?

I also wonder if NBC is assuming that anyone wanting more in depth coverage will watch online streaming rather than waiting for the tv coverage.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

2. Member
    I have watched enough curling to have my fill for a life time.

3. huskyjerk
    I used to watch the Canadian coverage of the Olympics; it was and probably still is way better than the US network coverage.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dnolen View Post
    Agreed! Maybe its because of outdoor events being postponed?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huskyjerk View Post
    I used to watch the Canadian coverage of the Olympics; it was and probably still is way better than the US network coverage.
    This is what I do. Even watch the Canadian channels for NFL games, less political advertisements and more event coverage
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

You know you have had enough, when you are screaming at the romba with swifter sweeping in front of it.

Extended coverage is on NBC Sports Channel
    Hopefully your cable/satellite company offers it in your area

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

If you have Apple TV you can download the NBC Sports app. All day live coverage, replays of all events since the beginning of the games, and athlete profiles. Free of charge. My Dish subscription doesn’t include the NBC Sports channel as I only carry the Flex pack, locals, and Outdoors channels.
    I’m watching live hockey between the USA and Slovenia right now on Apple TV.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

10. Member
    There's a lot of live coverage but it's on late at night/early AM. If you're watching mid day, you aren't going to get a ton of live coverage and will get more highlights. As I'm writing this it's 4:45 central time and it's 7:45am in Pyeongchang. 15 hour time difference.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    I’m watching live hockey between the USA and Slovenia right now on Apple TV.
    Based on the time stamp of your post this afternoon, you're not watching the live hockey game. They played Slovenia this morning at 5:30am Central. Should I tell you how it ends?

12. Member
    Yeah it sucks this year...too many stories and not enough competition
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

13. Member
    I’m just glad bob costas and that dude that just got kicked off of the today show are not doing it any more.

14. Member
    Is this a rant?

15. Member
    The Winter Olympics don't seem as popular to me as back in the day. Maybe NBC's demographic research shows the same thing.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

16. Member
    The thing I like about curling is that it looks like the kind of event I could do while having a beer.

Cross country skiing is boring too. There's a big trick snowboard event that's still to come .
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    Based on the time stamp of your post this afternoon, you're not watching the live hockey game. They played Slovenia this morning at 5:30am Central. Should I tell you how it ends?
    It was Live for me. I hadn’t seen it before. There is Live coverage, just maybe not in that instance.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

I want to watch skiing. Haven’t seen any. Every time I flip it over its curling.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    I want to watch skiing. Haven’t seen any. Every time I flip it over its curling.
    Down hill is on right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast