Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Florida school shooting

What is going on. South Florida school shooting
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

2. Member
    Still have a shooter at large. I think he will not live through the day.
    GETFISHED !!!

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Sister in law lives pretty close in Margate. Sherriff says shooter is still at large.

4. Member

6. Member
    Horrible news, MSN reporting 20 injured.

7. Member
    Such craziness these days. The end is near. Prayers for everybody involved

Very sad.

9. Member
    Worst news to hear today. Just heard 1 confirmed dead. So sad.
    08 Triton 17 Explorer/08 90 Merc

10. Member
    News says the shooter may be in a room with hostages. I hope that is incorrect.

11. Member
    Now seeing they have someone in handcuffs on the live feed.

12. Member
    Prayers for the victims and there families

13. Member

I'm a huge proponent for guns, but something has to be done. I don't know what that "something" is, but we have to take some sort of action. Whether it relates to guns themselves, to school security, or whatever else, we have to try something. This is out of control, and parents should not have to fear the safety of their children at school.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog10 View Post

I'm a huge proponent for guns, but something has to be done. I don't know what that "something" is, but we have to take some sort of action. Whether it relates to guns themselves, to school security, or whatever else, we have to try something. This is out of control, and parents should not have to fear the safety of their children at school.
    agreed. Every school shooting I hope that it will be the school shooting that makes people wake up and some sort of change happen. Instead, we just get a lot of "thoughts and prayers" that seem to do little to prevent the next one. I don't know what the answer is, but whatever we are doing, clearly isn't working.

15. Member
    This one might be really bad. Superintendent said there are numerous fatalities.

16. Member
    Not sure where the future lies in these shooting incidents. IMO , the "fix" is in the families. What is playing out is not working. Why are families not prepared to prevent these behaviors ? what is lacking? It is IMO a symptom of societal ill. There is never much support for "social" programs or methods to address. My guess is this will get worse before it gets better.

I know there is no simplistic answer and I also know you can't truly evaluate the solve without considering politics and the next thing you know the handbasket comes out.

Lots and lots and lots of families are extremely challenged just trying to feed themselves in a warm dry and safe place. Getting that done today will flat out wear a person down. When you're worn greyhound slick on a regular basis little by little lots of little things go by the wayside. Some of those "little" things turn out to be actually very important in helping to form a child into an adult of good character .

I'm raising my 11 year old grandson. I'm 62 and supposed to be retired. I could have a justifiable resentment about that getting in the way of my retirement but hey, what good would come out of that. What I'm saying is just raisng this one little guy takes an incredible amount of sacrifice, dedication and nurturing, not to mention some discipline here and there.

It's always easy to reproduce but not always so easy to be responsible for your offspring. In this day and age lots of these little ones don't get what is needed. What to do ?

For those affected.
    GETFISHED !!!

18. Banned
    We say prayers, we say how bad it is BUT it continues. And will never stop until there is a fundamental discussion around the elephant in the room. I'm not looking for a fight or arguments I am just stating what I feel is the obvious. It has happened so often I am callused so I wont add prayers, condolences or any indications of sadness. It has become the norm and until there is a change, words on blogs will do nothing. I suspect I will be blasted for being frank but it is what is.

CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY....

The elephant in the room is society has changed. Until we start caring about one another again this will continue.

20. Member
    This hits very close to home as the school is about 4 miles from our house. My kids have friends that go there and luckily they are all safe. Absolutely gut wrenching to see this. I cannot imagine what the parents and kids are going through. Just makes me sick.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast