Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    There are many things that are now illegal, that were once legal. Sooner or later, it's probably going to happen.
    The best we can hope for: Single shot guns won't be included.
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southfork View Post
    We all know nothing will happen. Im out on this thread but ill chime in on the next mass killing AR thread when it happens in a few weeks. Prayers ahead of time to those families who will be devastated
    It WONT stop until we make these weapons harder to get. Everyone on here knows that but it doesn't phase them unless it happens to them or one of there family members.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post
    You are proving my point...why the hell do people need crap like this aside from the fact that it gives them a boner?

That weapon has one purpose and one purpose only, and that purpose is killing people quickly.
    I belonged to an online group of S&W handgun owners and was surprised at the number that not only carried a concealed handgun but carried a second one as a backup.
    These were not law enforcement people but just regular Joes. Talk about giving someone a boner.

4. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimoh View Post
    So for hunting small game and predators when need a high capacity automatic rifle?
    Back in my day a single shot bolt action rifle was plenty good enough.
    Allows you to get on target quickly and make faster and more accurate followup shots. Simply, it allows you to be more effective and harvest animals more cleanly.

Sure you can do a lot with a single shot bolt action rifle...just ask Lee Harvey Oswald.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Looks like hes duck hunting with that thing. Not the best picture for your point.
    Do you even hunt? Have you ever seen a non-electronic predator call? Good grief...I might as well be talking to a rock.

7. Banned
    That weapon has one purpose and one purpose only, and that purpose is killing people quickly.
    So show me in the video where he is killing people.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omcforever View Post
    Ruger mini 14(223)/mini 30(7.62) have been around forever. Semi automatic/20-30-50 round mags,,,,,mostly used by ranch hands/farmers/nuisance control/hunting. Its a people issue/parenting issue/mental health issue. Laws will never be followed by someone wanting to do harm.....
    You can have them if you want it is the law, but to say a 50 round magazine is needed to control predators or for hunting is well lets just say a stretch. I think you should enjoy them now as i believe what boneil alluded to, they are not to far from being declared illegal speaking to the high cap round magazine. If people refuse to give them up and it is law, then they are no better than any other felon. If there is no law against them i support your right to own them.

What’s the difference between this kid taking an AR in the school or taking a Glock 9mm with multiple magazines and a Ruger 10/22? The type of gun doesn’t matter. The choice of weapon doesn’t matter. Evil will find ways around laws. I don’t understand why people are so naive to that fact.

Regardless of opinions, my prayers go out to everyone affected by this horrible tragedy.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows21XHP View Post
    What’s the difference between this kid taking an AR in the school or taking a Glock 9mm with multiple magazines and a Ruger 10/22? The type of gun doesn’t matter. The choice of weapon doesn’t matter. Evil will find ways around laws. I don’t understand why people are so naive to that fact.

This same thing can happen ANYWHERE. Malls, Walmart, concerts, etc.

You aren't safe anywhere. Laws only give a false sense of security.

11. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Allows you to get on target quickly and make faster and more accurate followup shots. Simply, it allows you to be more effective and harvest animals more cleanly.

Sure you can do a lot with a single shot bolt action rifle...just ask Lee Harvey Oswald.

Thats the POINT. But replace "harvest animals" with murdering people. Instead of making the gun more efficient at killing, maybe we should make the "hunter" more efficient at hunting. Just a thought.
    Thanos was the hero

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Thats the POINT. But replace "harvest animals" with murdering people. Instead of making the gun more efficient at killing, maybe we should make the "hunter" more efficient at hunting. Just a thought.
    You can get to work riding a bike. You can also get to work by driving a car.

I take it you ride a bike to work every day?

13. Banned
    You are proving my point...why the hell do people need crap like this aside from the fact that it gives them a boner?

why do you need a car that goes 200 mph? why do you need a bass boat that goes 70 when you can use a row boat? looks like its also used for shooting targets and large fruit quickly to me

14. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    So my understanding is the kid was 19, his mother had passed away.

How did he get the gun??

Non of the AR( doesn’t stand for Assault Rifle) was a automatic rifle!!

I have maybe one, my kids enjoy shooting them, I have them in a safe and no one has the combination!!

Its not the guns is a confused kid, they will use another tool to do the same.

There are are millions of AR and guns in the US, if it’s the guns, why doesn’t this happen more often if it’s the guns?

15. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ187elite View Post
    ...The funny part about looking back at the 1950 and 1960 is that the AR-15 wasn't invented till 1959 and high capacity pistols didn't start really becoming a thing till the 1980's. It was definitely less common for someone to have a high capacity ANYTHING in the 60's then it is now. Hard to compare the usage of a tool from an era where they didn't have relative access to such tool.
    As Scott pointed out, there were plenty of firearms capable of being used to inflict a great deal of damage back in that era...

School shootings didn't start really becoming a "thing" until the 2000s. It was definitely less common for someone to use a firearm of ANY capacity to shoot up a school (or myriad other soft targets) in the 60s than it is now. Hard to compare the usage of a tool from an era where they didn't have the relative inclination to do such evil as exists today...

The tools have changed not nearly so much as those who employ them.
    Who controls John Gill?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    So my understanding is the kid was 19, his mother had passed away.

How did he get the gun??

Non of the AR( doesn’t stand for Assault Rifle) was a automatic rifle!!

I have maybe one, my kids enjoy shooting them, I have them in a safe and no one has the combination!!

Its not the guns is a confused kid, they will use another tool to do the same.

There are are millions of AR and guns in the US, if it’s the guns, why doesn’t this happen more often if it’s the guns?
    An average of 1 school shooting per week over the last 6 years i believe was quoted by someone today on TV, I guess my standard is that is often enough. YMMV

17. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    You want a solution, let’s try no Gun Free zone, armed Teachers with training!!

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    An average of 1 school shooting per week over the last 6 years i believe was quoted by someone today on TV, I guess my standard is that is often enough. YMMV

That's so obviously a lie.

19. Member
    [QUOTE=hatcreek;9103079]As Scott pointed out, there were plenty of firearms capable of being used to inflict a great deal of damage back in that era...

School shootings didn't start really becoming a "thing" until the 2000s. It was definitely less common for someone to use a firearm of ANY capacity to shoot up a school (or myriad other soft targets) in the 60s than it is now. Hard to compare the usage of a tool from an era where they didn't have the relative inclination to do such evil as exists today...

The tools have changed not nearly so much as those who employ them.[/QUOTE

Agree with your assessment but the question is at what point do we try to fix the people problem? Mass shootings are here to stay for now.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617