2003 Ranger 175VS Interior Light

Hi guys, I want to replace the old incandecent light that is under my driver console with an LED one. I have attached a picture of the light assembly. I would prefer a drop in replacement since I cant get to the bulb inside the dome assembly. The dome light assembly will come out of the black plate.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I replaced the bulb from my 05 that looks exactly the same. Turn the back portion where the wires are and see if the bulb assembly comes out?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rfdong View Post
    I replaced the bulb from my 05 that looks exactly the same. Turn the back portion where the wires are and see if the bulb assembly comes out?
    I have and it will not without breaking things. I even tried to get a straight pick into one of the clips but wasnt able to.

4. Member
    What does the back of that look like?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AHens View Post
    What does the back of that look like?
    https://greatlakesskipper.com/ranger...ack-5-1-2-inch

The light works fine, I am just replacing all lights with LEDs to reduce battery draw, especially when I fish all night long in the summer.

6. Member
    Problem solved!! So I finally just got irritated and said EFF IT and pulled the piece in the back of the light... LO AND BEHOLD it pulled out with a little effort! It is designed to be pulled out to replace the bulb! New red LED inserted and working perfectly! Amazing what you can do when you dont care anymore lol