Question TZX190 - Mounting helix 10 or 12 - need ideas

I have a 2018 TX190, (same as 2017 TZX190) and want to mount a helix 10 on the console. Have any of you guys done this and could you post some pictures? I don't really
    want to block the view of my gauges, so the right side is best choice. I'm also curious how and where you mounted the transducer. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bozz

2. Member
    I had a 2012 TZX190 and I had a Helix 10 mounted on a Ram mount to the right of the console and I used an old 798 flush mounted in the console as a mapping unit. I had the same thing at the bow. If you can you should try and mount the transducer to the jack plate and low enough to clear the sponsons. I actually had mine transducer mounted toward the right if looking from the back of the boat in order to clear the sponson and the motor. Check out the http://www.transducershieldandsaver.com/ They should have what you need to mount to the jack plate. Kind of expensive but they are very helpful and the product is good. I just ordered all I need to mount my new transducers for my new boat today from them.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

3. Member
    I recently mounted a Helix 10 on the console of a 2012 ZX190 using a Precision Sonar console mount. It didn't block any gauges. The mount is well designed, sturdy and easy to install. I mounted the transducer on the jack plate with a transducer shield and extension. I talked with a girl at Transducer Shield, gave her my boat info, and she knew exactly what I needed to clear sponsons. I'm very pleased with the installation and love the Helix. Sorry, I don't have a photo to attach.

4. Member
    Thanks guys. I called http://www.transducershieldandsaver.com/ today and spoke with Sandy, she got me hooked up with all the parts I need for the transducer.
    She is very knowledgeable and can get you everything you need. Still not sure what I'm going to do at the console. I like the Precision Sonar mount, just not sure I want to spend
    $300.00 for the mount. Thanks again guys.

Good Luck,
    Bozz

5. Member
    Look at the Dek-it mount. I got one to mount my Helix 10 at my console when I finally get my ZX200.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

Hey Bozz,

I have an older ZX185C and wanted the dual graphs without the large price tag - I'm cheap! Check out my post from another thread with pics - it's the last post at the bottom. I'm very happy with this setup!

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=866572

Rob
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS