Thread: Repower?

Repower?

Anybody done a repower with a Middle Tennessee dealer? Got an older Triton
    that needs a new one. Looking at a Merc Pro XS Jaco's, Clark, C and O? Anybody else?

Got one bad cylinder in a Rude but still runs and not blown completely.
    Any value to this motor to a dealer or for parting out?

I will throw one out for C & O. I had an OX-66 on my 21XL and repowered with a SHO and everything went great.

My vote is for Jaco’s.

4. Member
    You won't go wrong with either of the two listed above.

5. Member
    Lawrenceburg Marine. Talk to Steve
    2010 Xpress X21TS. 250 proXS
    2015 1860 grizzly. 40 Merc 4s

Ditto on hog power's post. Steve will do you right and has excellent mechanics should something come up down the road.

might want to check out Riverside Marine in Old Hickory.

8. Member
    Just wondering what it would cost to re-do the 'rude? I've been lucky and never had to do that with any engine. I am just curious.

Might be that a handy engine guy (not me) would like to buy it and fix it...???

I agree, but I can't justify fixing it. Middle cylinder is scored and would have to be redone. I popped the head off and checked it out. All others are good. Would be a good project for somebody that wanted to mess with it. I'll put it on sale when I get it off.

10. Member
    I had one swapped from a JohhnyRude to a Yamaha at Anderson Marine Back around 2004? They did a great job. Of course C&O swapped out a Merc for me on a Cat, also a flawless job. That one was done under warranty after the original motor blew up three times within ten hours.

What you'll run into is the price of the control box, and labor, and maybe a new gauge or two, new prop and battery if you're swapping brands and or a carb motor to a DFI motor.

I'd talk with Joe at C&O for an estimate on the job. No doubt Jaco's has a great price on the box motors. I am not sure how you'll wash out on the total job? I'd have no problems letting the crew at Riverside repower one.

Steve at riverside has a great evinrude mechanic now. Eric is a top notch merc guy as well. Check with steve and tell him Brandon sent you.

Just a follow up. Got my new Merc ProXS yesterday at Lawrencburg Marine. Steve took care of me and got the job done in one morning.
    Took about 5 hours to swap out my old Evinrude. Unfortunately, none of the other middle Tennessee dealers could get it done anytime soon.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

13. Member
    Steve is the man ��
    2010 Xpress X21TS. 250 proXS
    2015 1860 grizzly. 40 Merc 4s

14. Member
    Glad all went well.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
    Just a follow up. Got my new Merc ProXS yesterday at Lawrencburg Marine. Steve took care of me and got the job done in one morning.
    Took about 5 hours to swap out my old Evinrude. Unfortunately, none of the other middle Tennessee dealers could get it done anytime soon.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Just curious if you were able to trade in and get anything for yours?

Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Just curious if you were able to trade in and get anything for yours?
    No, the dealer didn't want it. They put it on a skid and I took it home. I found a local buyer that took it the next day for
    a project motor or to part it out. Running it's not worth much, and probably has $1000 worth of parts to the right person.