Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Anybody installed these in a z521c? How difficult was it? Do you tap into factory wires or run new wire? Thanks

2. Member
    This was a pretty tight fit. I was able to use the nut to tighten everything down so I didn't need to silicone anything in. I test drilled a 7/16 hole in a piece of wood to ensure a tight fit before I drilled into the boat.

3. Member
    Why did you guys choose these over any of the LED strips out there? Just got a new boat, and I'm looking for some lighting for the decks/cockpit..

4. Member
    I like the looks better also I live in AZ and at a 115 degrees in the summer sun was not sure how good the 3m tape was gonna do.And if a light does go out its an easy fix.
    2014 Phoenix 721
    250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by exx1976 View Post
    Why did you guys choose these over any of the LED strips out there? Just got a new boat, and I'm looking for some lighting for the decks/cockpit..
    I too like the way they are concealed into the side of the boat. My boat being primarily silver, they are not detectable at all until you turn them on. I didn't want a strip being exposed on the deck or risk stepping or dropping something on them, so I used the bolts. If you look back one page, you can see in my last picture how concealed they are. If you didn't know it was there, you would never notice it.
    "Cast Everything in the Best Light Possible"

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankb8 View Post
    I too like the way they are concealed into the side of the boat. My boat being primarily silver, they are not detectable at all until you turn them on. I didn't want a strip being exposed on the deck or risk stepping or dropping something on them, so I used the bolts. If you look back one page, you can see in my last picture how concealed they are. If you didn't know it was there, you would never notice it.

I saw, looks nice. I have a tin boat, so I'm thinking about maybe tucking some red LEDs under the top of the gunwale, shining down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12