Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Ride and Introduction

I did something that would have not even crossed my mind a few years ago. I traded my 13 Ranger Z118 in on a new Z19, 200 Pro XS, red and white, with dual console, 2 Power Pole Blades, 2 HDS-7 Gen3's with StructureScan, Merc Smartcraft gauge, hot foot, center seat, plus a bunch of other stuff. I wanted a little larger boat now that the grandkids are older and starting to want me to do something besides take them perch fishing. I probably will have to take 2 at a time to keep the peace.

I've had 20 plus footers thru the years and felt like something in between that size and my 18' 8" Ranger would be just right for my strictly fish for fun style. I looked at a Ranger Z119 but price wise couldn't see it. I also looked at the Triton 19 TRX but they can get a little pricey also. I had kind of put the idea aside until on a whim I decided to stop at our local BPS just to look at a Z19 and was impressed with what I saw. I called my friend Pete (who sold me and a friend pretty much identical Rangers) at Pro's Choice Marine and he convinced me I would not be disappointed with the Z19. A few days later I was on my way to get it. I want to thank Pete and the staff at Pro's Choice. They are top notch and made the process fairly painless.

I have been an observer and occasional poster on BBC for a number years, with a Triton first and then the Ranger. So now I'm here and hope I can offer something constructive on occasion. I won't give away my age but I bought my first bass boat in 1972. I don't have any pictures yet since the weather has been less than ideal since I got it home last week. Can't wait to get it on the water.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

2. Member
    Welcome Jim. Congrats on the purchase!
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

Howdy
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Banned
    Haha the old just looking....I’m going to “look” at new trucks tomorrow

Welcome.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    Congrats. Would love to see pics!

Congrats Jim, which bass pro, Oklahoma city or Broken Arrow?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    Congrats Jim, which bass pro, Oklahoma city or Broken Arrow?
    Broken Arrow. They only had one in stock.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdawg View Post
    Haha the old just looking....I’m going to “look” at new trucks tomorrow
    Did that last August. Came home with a 17 F350 King Ranch dually.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    Broken Arrow. They only had one in stock.
    All right so a local then, hope to see you out on the river from time to time.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    All right so a local then, hope to see you out on the river from time to time.
    Just a little southeast of you but most likely to find me on Greenleaf, Tenkiller or Eufaula, weekdays only since I'm retired.
    Jim

12. Member
    Welcome Jim!!!! Congrats on the new ride!

Congrats on the new rig... I love mine, I'm sure you will as well....
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    Just a little southeast of you but most likely to find me on Greenleaf, Tenkiller or Eufaula, weekdays only since I'm retired.
    Ah ok, i only get to fish weekends, got a few more years before I can retire. I need to hit Greenleaf one of these days that's a beautiful little lake.

15. Member
    Congrats, now let's see some pics of fish being caught from the new rig

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakalong View Post
    Congrats, now let's see some pics of fish being caught from the new rig
    I will do that but may be a while. I have foot surgery Monday and will be out of commission for 4 to 6 weeks. Really hard to think I have an unused, new boat sitting in my garage and may be April before I even get to do the break in. I'm hopeful I can at least get it wet Sunday afternoon, if the weather cooperates, which hasn't been the case since I picked it up last week.
    Jim

I hear ya, I have a Hip Replacement coming up in just over a month... It's not going to be a fun missing much of the spawn!!!
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    I hear ya, I have a Hip Replacement coming up in just over a month... It's not going to be a fun missing much of the spawn!!!
    FWIW...my dad (72) just had a hip replacement done on 2/14.....he is doing great!!! He's a tough one though...but he has minimal pain and has been up and walking since the day of the surgery. Funny note...the doctor found out that he is a deer hunter and put in a slightly heavier duty hip joint than what he normally uses.

You will do fine Layton!!

19. Member
    Congrats !!

20. Member
    Congrats!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast