Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

YouTube TV reviews?

$35 a month and the details sound pretty good to me. Any drawback I might be missing?

2. Member
    You got a link or something. I had heard YouTube might start offering tV but had not seen an official lineup.

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/?gcli...FdNnAQodJBQIjA

They are rolling it out in certain markets...not available in my area yet, but hopefully soon.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

4. Member
    do you still have to use chromecast. that was turn off for me
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

5. Member
    hummm pulled it up on my laptop and like what I see. appears its available to me and has the sports channels I want. Gonna have to consider this.

FWIW AT&T customers should have a look... Upgraded my cell plan to unlimited for the exact same price I was already paying for 5 GB... Received $25 credit / month on DirecTV Now's streaming service and free HBO for a plan that I pay $35 / month for 100+ channels. The only catch is you have to set up automatic payments but you aren't tied to a contract. Stream on your phone anywhere with no hit on your "unlimited" (25 GB) account. No DVR yet (beta testing) but it's coming. At home I use a Roku 4 for access.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher42 View Post
    Why? Just installed Chromecast and so far really enjoying it.

8. Member
    Announced its going to $40/month shortly

9. Member
    We are streaming Directtv Now. Pretty good. I wonder how much longer before the costs get as high for streaming as they were for cable?

10. Banned
    https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/14/...rner-networks/

YouTube TV gets TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network, CNN and a price bump
    YouTube added a bunch of new channels, but its price goes up $5 for new subscribers next month.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyJoe View Post
    FWIW AT&T customers should have a look... Upgraded my cell plan to unlimited for the exact same price I was already paying for 5 GB... Received $25 credit / month on DirecTV Now's streaming service and free HBO for a plan that I pay $35 / month for 100+ channels. The only catch is you have to set up automatic payments but you aren't tied to a contract. Stream on your phone anywhere with no hit on your "unlimited" (25 GB) account. No DVR yet (beta testing) but it's coming. At home I use a Roku 4 for access.
    We just did this. Picture quality is sub par on some channels at some times, but other than that, we love it

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FowlZurk View Post
    Why? Just installed Chromecast and so far really enjoying it.
    Do you still have too use smartphones app to change channel? Didn’t want that with my little kids. They don’t have phones at 7&9

slow they all will raise their prices

Killed DirectV and have been using YoutubeTV for 3 months or so now, very pleased. We wanted the local network channnels which we get other than Fox (which is national).

Got an email yesterday that they just added;
    TNT, TBS, CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, HLN, truTV, and TCM

When we signed up, as soon as you finished your free month or whatever and they hit your credit card for the first pay month, they sent a free Chromecast stick.

So far so good...

I was comparing all the options here a few weeks back and came away from it feeling like Sling was still easily the best option for me. Best I could tell it was also the only one that really gave you good options for outdoor programming. Their "Heartland" package or something along those lines gives several channels including the Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel, and World Fishing Network for like $5 a month. I was figuring I could get everything I would want for $30 - $35 a month with the orange package, DVR add-on, Heartland add-on, and possibly the sports add on. What stopped me from pulling the trigger was not having access to regional sports channels. Fox Sports North is a really good channel here and isn't available unless you get the blue package. That puts the price up there with what I'd pay Comcast. True a la carte TV will never happen....

I am interested to see how YouTube TV evolves as it becomes more mainstream. If anyone has the bargaining power to offer a good package for a fair price it'd be Google.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher42 View Post
    Their site says it works on Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, X Box One, Android TV, and "supported" Samsung and LG smart TVs
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Their site says it works on Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, X Box One, Android TV, and "supported" Samsung and LG smart TVs
    Ok they added more. At time I was looking it was only chrome cast. I’m cutting cord this summer.

18. Member
    I like youtube tv a lot. I am trying all the streaming services for free on their trial periods. So far the worst and I just dealt with them is Hulu TV. They're sneaky about how they charge you and once they charge you your stuck for the month so don't go and cancel because no refunds. They screwed me out of $39.99 plus their user interface is terrible.
    2003 Skeeter ZX200

19. Member
    Has all the channels I need. Unfortunately I can’t stream on any of my current devices. Looks like I’m still back to Vue.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassin_man View Post
    Has all the channels I need. Unfortunately I can’t stream on any of my current devices. Looks like I’m still back to Vue.
    What are you streaming with? Firestick? Amazon and Youtube are having a pissing match now. Firestick even dropped the youtube app.
    2003 Skeeter ZX200

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast