Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sold My 210 Champ

So after 10 yrs of being one of the cool kids I got an offer on my boat that I couldn't refuse. Prob wont be visiting this board as much anymore so Thanks for help and questions answered over the yrs. Now to figure out how to change my User name and what boat to replace it with

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Keep your name and check out the Charger 210s. They are wearing our hulls!!!!

what Lea said

4. Member
    Ive looked them over but i didnt think it had the same quality. Center console is cheaply built and a few other things that were just not as good or should have been improved.

5. Banned
    oh really? please explain

best of luck to you

2009 ELITE 210

7. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    As snicker said...please explain. Everyone I have spoken with says top quality. Obviously, there will be differing opinions, but I have not heard that quality would be one.

8. Member
    What boats are you thinking about looking at going to?

9. Member
    The center console is def not up to par with the old one. It will tear up in the 1st couple yrs. Inside walls of the one I looked at felt thinner than mine. You could push in on them. I feel like they could have done better with the seats. They look very good but there not a true suspension seat. If anyone has ever rode in a Triton boat, there seats are phenomenal. They feel like they give 4". Id like to see a day box in front of the Driver console like Skeeter and Phoenix offer. Its been about 6 months since I looked at a new 210 so I cant remember everything that caught my eye. Still a nice boat and I'm not sure what to permanently replace it with but my buddys wife would like to go back to school so I might take his 09 Skeeter Zx225 of his hands until she's out of school. Its priced right and I'm not sure I want to drop 60k to 70k on a new 21ftr of any brand at this moment in time.
    I love the layout of the Phoenix and everyone raves about the PHXs big water ride but I'm just not a fan of the graphics or paint scheme. Ive always loved the looks of Rangers and Skeeters so maybe when the time comes Ill give all the brands a look over again but I'm hesitant to not buy from the bigger brands because I don't want to be in the same predicament again with my manufacturer going out of biz.

10. Banned
    What this center console you speak of???... It's either a dual or single console...

Get with Al he can change your handle to whatever you want... Dan

11. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I think he is talking about the section between driver and passenger seats. Some call it a console. Some call it a step-up. In some, it is a third seat.

12. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    The "box" between the seats is standard with the AquaFlex seats, if that's what he's referring to. Llebroc may have changed the thickness of the material, or it could have been spec'd by Charger if it is indeed thinner. I know when I bought the new set of Llebroc 307s for my boat, the center seat cushions were not as thick as my OEM Champion seat. As far as his comment about the seats, the GT-2 / AquaFlex seats were standard in 2008 and up Champs & Stratos Elites, and if he has the center console, then he has the same seats except for the heated cushions. My bet is that Charger will put whatever seats you want in it, if you order through a dealer. Indications are they are very flexible like that. Also I wouldn't worry about them going "out of biz". They've been around for a long time and run a good business. Bass boats are also not the bulk of their business.

13. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    IMO I love the original charger seats they were 3 piece bucket /couch that would hold 3-4 people across with a fold down center step.Thats the only flaw I have seen on new boats .Family boat it is not as it’s design for 2 people which is a huge down fall rom the past boats.Thanks KVD.

14. Member
    I had the lebroc seats and center box in my 210. The center box i had was not what was in the charger 210 i looked at. It just wasnt as good it had a little plastic lever you had to pull to open it. I could just tell it wasnt gonna hold up. The lebroc seats are great and very durable but cant compare them to a triton seat. Not sure who makes triton seats but every boat manufacturer should be using them. As far as other brands going out of biz you just never know anymore. The smaller ones just have a hard time making it.
    Last edited by champ210; 02-15-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Personally to me, Champion out of business has no bearing on whether I keep or sale it. As it’s not under any warranty anyway and I can’t see how anything will fall apart or break. Generic replacement items are replaceable.
    If you don’t mind sharing the reasons you sold your boat in order to buy a used boat possibly out of warranty? Don’t get me wrong, it’s your bucks, I’m just curious. The only reason I’d part with mine is if I had the income to buy a new boat. And then if I did, I’d still want to keep the current one too.
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"

16. Member
    It was just one of those things where I felt like It was worth more right now than it was ever gonna be. Everything still worked as in megalink , touch pads,biosphere gauges, trolling motor,graphs, and out board, carpet and seats were still in great shape.
    All of these things will eventually wear out and although they may be replaceable with something I just really don't want to have to deal with the headache of finding a part that will fit and work correctly. The main concern were the gauges, megalink and touch pads. I know C+O has a kit that replaces the mega link and touch pads with rocker switches but its not a cheap and easy fix.
    A guy asked if id sell and I said for the right price. We settled on 34k and I felt like if he takes it fine if he doesn't fine. I really wasn't looking to sell but some times you just have to know when the right time is to get out and this was my time. I might regret it but Oh well, nothing last forever

17. Banned
    As they say, the best time to sell is when you have a buyer. Good luck to you.

I've not seen the Charger in person but I wouldn't think quality was an issue. I'm curious about the Triton seat, haven't sat in a Triton newer than an 05 model. Check out the Lynx when you start looking.

19. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Sat in a 17 Triton nice seats just didn’t care for the diamond pattern,the skeeter was very nice other than that everything was bad.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jp71291 View Post
    I've not seen the Charger in person but I wouldn't think quality was an issue. I'm curious about the Triton seat, haven't sat in a Triton newer than an 05 model. Check out the Lynx when you start looking.
    I had a chance to get in a Lynx yesterday. It is nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast