Thread: Eric PA

Eric PA

Been 10 plus years since I've visited. Where is a decent place to stay that is boat friendly?

2. Member
    Not sure about the decent part but Clarion Hotel is close to the bay, big parking lot with outlets, if you can find a working one...used to stay at the EL-Patio but it was leveled for a sheetz...

3. Member
    Comfort Inn
    3041 West 12th Street

They have a few outside hookups. Bring an extension cord. Decent rooms and prices with free breakfast.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

4. Member
    2nd the comfort inn .. easy route to the park as well

Quote Originally Posted by Joeandthetomcats View Post
    Not sure about the decent part but Clarion Hotel is close to the bay, big parking lot with outlets, if you can find a working one...used to stay at the EL-Patio but it was leveled for a sheetz...
    Just as well! I stayed there once...only once!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

6. Member
    The el patio was grand...I almost went and slept on the deck of the boat one night instead of the bed...and if it was cold, good luck with heat.

Does anyone remember a small, 6-8 room motel between Conneaut and Erie? It was either on Rt. 20 or Rt. 5. It was made of cinder blocks and had a "U" shaped driveway in front. It must have been built in the 1930's or so. I think the name started with "Mc"...the McClane, McGrew...the Mc something or another.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Does anyone remember a small, 6-8 room motel between Conneaut and Erie? It was either on Rt. 20 or Rt. 5. It was made of cinder blocks and had a "U" shaped driveway in front. It must have been built in the 1930's or so. I think the name started with "Mc"...the McClane, McGrew...the Mc something or another.
    That's were Dave usually stays I believe it's still there but don't quote me on that. I've stayed there a time or 2 not bad for just sleeping a night, you know Dave will always find the cheapest place to bunk up

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER487 View Post
    That's were Dave usually stays I believe it's still there but don't quote me on that. I've stayed there a time or 2 not bad for just sleeping a night, you know Dave will always find the cheapest place to bunk up
    I stayed there once, as every placed was booked and we hunted for an hour for a room. There was one left at this place. The rooms were clean. But, the furniture in the room was all metal patio furniture like my grandparents had on their lawn. McQuates, maybe?...or something like that.