Crappie tournament trail on Toledo Bend

I've tossed this around for a few years, and have tested the waters to see if there would be any interest in starting a Crappie trail on TB. Lots of folks have said they would fish if it comes to be.
    I was thinking about a series style event, meaning there would be 4-6 one day tournaments and a two day championship to wrap up the year.
    Any of you Texas(or Louisiana) fellas interested?
    Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. Member
    Now that would be a weigh in to be at! Talk about eating good that night

Great idea man! I'd be all in, if / when, I get retired and am living up there.

some food for thought --

I would think, that a Crappie "Trail" and a "Crappie tournament" may lead to two different types of "participants".

A "Trail" with steeper entry fees may bring out a group somewhat similar to the bass tournaments with like participants.

A "tournament" that allows for all the good ole boys to come out the woods, would "possibly" lead to quite a few Cooter Bobs.
    And their grandma's,
    and their grandma's cousins what will fish day and night prior to the derby and have their fish hangin off the dock in 17 milk crates wired together for Cooter Bob to come fetch and carry to the weigh in.

just sayin that's a possibility and for the most part, most "fisherman" are good honest folk. But ya might have more than "fisherman" when it comes to crappie @ T Bend.

May be a bitch to police, but I suspect they all are. I personally wouldn't want the headache, but I'm really glad you do, cuz I'll play.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    A "tournament" that allows for all the good ole boys to come out the woods, would "possibly" lead to quite a few Cooter Bobs.
    And their grandma's,
    and their grandma's cousins what will fish day and night prior to the derby and have their fish hangin off the dock in 17 milk crates wired together for Cooter Bob to come fetch and carry to the weigh in.

just sayin that's a possibility and for the most part, most "fisherman" are good honest folk. But ya might have more than "fisherman" when it comes to crappie @ T Bend.

May be a bitch to police, but I suspect they all are. I personally wouldn't want the headache, but I'm really glad you do, cuz I'll play.
    I've thought of this, but I don't know how you would stop it from happening aside from making EVERYONE take a polygraph.

I'm pretty sure it still happens in bass tournaments. Can't imagine why else someone would find a homemade basket hanging off a stump in the middle of nowhere with several 4-5 lb bass in it?

No, there wouldn't be no stopping it. Just not sure how involved you want to get in organizing & keeping up with it all, including listening to people bitch & moan about one thing or another. Maybe you've run this kind of thing before and have a good game plan. I certainly ain't trying to discourage you.

But, I'm kinda of a glass half empty kinda feller, my past will prove why.
    I always prepare for the worst, hope for the best, and expect nothing.

Honestly I think it would be a neat deal and folks would participate. May take a while to get it going.
    What type of format are you thinking about?