08 TR186 Console between seats install question ??

I own a 2008 TR 186 that I want to install a console between seats and I know gas tank lays under that area. My question is has anyone done this install and how did you anchor console with the tank being below that area? Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    I got the Bass Boat Seat Console from BassBoatSeats.com for my Triton. I used 2" Velcro strips to secure the console between the seats. Has worked well for me . Have never had any issues with the console staying secure. Have been really pleased with the console unit and recommend it.

I used velcro as well. doesn't move.

4. Member
    There's another thread on here about that console - and I posted on how I mounted mine. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=877632
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

5. Member
    I was wondering about the velcro? I would kind of like to be able to put my center seat back in if i was going to carry a third person. I had considered trying to find another strap and clasp like the center seat from factory uses and attach it to the console as a safety measure?

6. Member
    I tried velcro first - used heavy duty strips.....just wasn't satisfied that it would hold at high speed, and with my phone/wallet/keys in there......didn't want to take the chance it would fly out. So I installed it with screws. I've had both my kids with me fishing - and one of them can sit on that console just fine. So I opted to perm mount it.....especially considering how little my kids go out with me vs how often I fish by myself or a partner.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT