Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    the only way to go is v8 full size truck and you won't have to worry weather it will pull or stop and if you go any other way you wont be happy and you wont have to saying would've should've could've

2. Member
    I have a 2017 Wrangler Unlimited Recon. For the last two weeks I have been pulling my Ranger Z175 and it couldn’t pull any better. Barely feel it on the highway, can easily pull it up I70 and other mountain passes at the speed limit, and stopping distance is very similar to without the boat (the Ranger trailer has disc brakes and they work great).

So, my boat is small, but this is first hand advice that the unlimited works great for pulling a smaller boat. And, some peeps don’t want a truck. Me and my peeps like Jeeps.

Note, I also have a 2 door wrangler as well. It’s short wheelbase makes towing anything other than a little trailer with two kayaks a real challenge (likely not safe).

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pughlaw View Post
    I have a 2014 Jeep Rubicon as a tow vehicle. Looking at Vexus AVX 189 or Ranger RT188p. Going aluminum for the lighter load. Thoughts?
    I have the setup you’re talking about. Rt188, 2015 rubicon with 4:10’s.
    Is it ideal? No. Can you tow it? Yes. Handling is horrible, stoping distance greatly increased, slightly underpowered. I tow <20mi. Have a tundra as well but typically still use the Jeep as it is much easier to maneuver with my parking situation.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjeepjk View Post
    I have the setup you’re talking about. Rt188, 2015 rubicon with 4:10’s.
    Is it ideal? No. Can you tow it? Yes. Handling is horrible, stoping distance greatly increased, slightly underpowered. I tow <20mi. Have a tundra as well but typically still use the Jeep as it is much easier to maneuver with my parking situation.
    Sorry for multiple posts. Still trying to learn adding pictures
    15E8F54E-DCBF-41F0-9667-A085DF86DB73.jpeg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12