JCWbassmaster

Monticello Water Clarity

Headed to Monticello this week, for the first time. What can be expected for water clarity?

Clear...and the smallmouth are biting good.

3. JCWbassmaster
    Preciate it. What is the easiest way to catch one? I've never fished for SM

4. Member
    Jerkbaits should get you started or a tube. If CATTDADDY or Diaster Kane are viewing, they can give ya some good info.

5. JCWbassmaster
    You are correct. First fish of the day was my first smallmouth, 3lb 2oz, on a jerkbait. Pretty neat lake with some hard fighting fish

6. Member
    By any chance were you near the Nuke Plant, some good fishing along the rip-rap. And which jerk bait did you use? Great job on a 3+....

don't think you were allowed to get near the riprap at the plant? went to Monticello for the 2nd time today, caught a 6.34 L-mouth and brother caught 3 x 2 pounders to day which was better that last years trip water was from 58 to 70 degree. we like the lay out of this lake a lot and love the structure. but so far we feel fishing has been tough for us. Knowing Murray and Wateree are just around the corner.

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank A View Post
    don't think you were allowed to get near the riprap at the plant? went to Monticello for the 2nd time today, caught a 6.34 L-mouth and brother caught 3 x 2 pounders to day which was better that last years trip water was from 58 to 70 degree. we like the lay out of this lake a lot and love the structure. but so far we feel fishing has been tough for us. Knowing Murray and Wateree are just around the corner.
    It's always been tough for me but a few years ago I caught a 5lb SM and that's what keeps me going back.

9. JCWbassmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc03 View Post
    By any chance were you near the Nuke Plant, some good fishing along the rip-rap. And which jerk bait did you use? Great job on a 3+....
    No, we didn't go over there because we wasn't sure what was allowed to be fished. I was using a Spro McStick 110

Fish the points between 8 to 12 foot.