Wiring Rigid bow light on trolling motor?? HELP!!!

Wondering if anyone has a video for wiring a Rigid light on the Minn Kota using one of your Acc buttons? Have to say I’m horrible at wiring... Been looking but can’t find one.

Thanks for the help!!!

2. Member
    I don't have a video but all you need to do is install the light and run wire to bow panel and used a ground there for the ground and run the positive wire to the console and hook it to the pig tail for what ever switch you want to use. Post what boat and someone can tell you what color the pig tail is under the console

3. Member
    Is a 2017 Z520
    Ran all the wires just not sure which wire is for my Acc 1,2,3
    Last edited by Rip-N-Lip; 02-15-2018 at 10:06 PM.

4. Member
    Really need some advice on wiring my light to the Acc button. Any help would be awesome!!!! Everything is wired and ready to hook up. Tried all extra power hookups at Consol but nothing works with the Acc Buttons.
    Thanks

5. Member
    Look for the wiring diagram on the back panel or in the manual and it will say acc 1 acc2 and so on and see which wire color it is and look under console and find that color and hook it up

6. Member
    Where/how did you run the wire from light to bow? My boat came pre-wired for it but the wire is just coiled in the bow under the panel.

7. Member
    That's where you have to get creative to get it under the bow you can make it follow a transducer wire and go in the top cap where your transducer wire goes in or your going to have to drill a hole where ever you like and take your bow panel off and find the wire in the hole you drilled and then you will be behind the bow panel where you can hook it all up

8. Member
    On my '14 Z520c there is an acc wire in the bow next to the circuit panel. Believe it is orange and white.

John

If you're not sure about what you're doing, it might be a good idea to call a Ranger dealer ... ? Maybe Spokane Valley Marine ... doesn't look like they're all that far from you. I bet they'd be able to at least tell you where to find the hot leads for your ACC switches, and would probably be willing to finish the work for you. Sorry I can't help you, but my Rigid light is hooked up to one of the ACC switches on my Z118 which has those funky push and click switches. I am not at all familiar with the business side of the touch pad switches you have. BTW ... you're gonna love the light!

10. Member
    The wires for the accessory switches should be in a bundle behind your dash panel or they may be stuffed in the rigging tube that runs to the back of the boat. Confirm with your wiring diagram, but I believe you will be looking for 3 orange wires with grounds (orange w/blue tracer and orange w/green tracer. These are the wires that A1, A2, A3 control.

Acc1 = Orange/Blue
    Acc2 = Orange/Red
    Acc3 = Orange/Green

You may need to run a power wire from the spade terminal under the bow panel to the switch and then to the light if it's not already hot.

11. Member
    when I installed my rigid lights, I ran wires from the dash to the bow. and used the factory acc switch. my factory acc switches only had power. as far as I know, there was no wiring from the switches to anywhere. I installed wires for the rigid light as well as rub rail lights.
    2016 Ranger Z518
    Mercury 150 HP Fourstroke

12. Member
    I used a wire puller to pull the wires from bow to Consol.

13. Member
    Ok I did end up figuring it out by myself. If you look in the drivers console in the cluster of wires there are 3-4 orange wires that are not being used which go to the Acc buttons. When I say buried in the cluster it totally is. All the advice I received from others even the dealer it made it sound like you have to tap into one of the orange wires and there are totally a ton of orange wires in there. It already has a connector ready for you to just put the wire in and clamp it down. Hope this helps others when looking for the accessory wires!!! Thanks for all the help!!!

14. Banned
    Replying to this old thread because I'm installing a Rigid bow light tomorrow. So you ran a wire from the hot side of the rigid light on the bow - where the Rigid light is mounted - to the console and connected to one of the three accessory switches. Is that right? Curious, are you able to turn the light on/off with the acc switch on the console AND the acc switch on the bow? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip-N-Lip View Post
    Ok I did end up figuring it out by myself. If you look in the drivers console in the cluster of wires there are 3-4 orange wires that are not being used which go to the Acc buttons. When I say buried in the cluster it totally is. All the advice I received from others even the dealer it made it sound like you have to tap into one of the orange wires and there are totally a ton of orange wires in there. It already has a connector ready for you to just put the wire in and clamp it down. Hope this helps others when looking for the accessory wires!!! Thanks for all the help!!!

Why not do what I did and just tap into the bow light and then the switch that is on the dash and is for the bow light and anchor light will control them !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

16. Banned
    wmitch2, then would I be able to turn-on the anchor/bow light without turning on the Rigid spotlight? In other words, this solution would mean that the anchor/bow light and Rigid light would turn-on and off together, right? Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    Why not do what I did and just tap into the bow light and then the switch that is on the dash and is for the bow light and anchor light will control them !!

Quote Originally Posted by brimster View Post
    wmitch2, then would I be able to turn-on the anchor/bow light without turning on the Rigid spotlight? In other words, this solution would mean that the anchor/bow light and Rigid light would turn-on and off together, right? Or am I missing something?
    OOPS, my bad !! I thought you had added Red And Green running lights. And yes my answer would have both coming on. To use an ACC switch, first you have to have power to one side of the switch. Then you can hook up the power wire from the light to the other side of the switch. If you're trying to use an ACC switch at the helm, you'll need to run a wire to the switched side of the switch, to the power wire on the light. You can hook up the Ground side of the light to the BUSS bar under the bow plate.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents