Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

cost per foot for bass boat

Why is a 521 about $2,000 more than a 520, but a 520 is about $10,000 more than a 519 when equipped similarly? Rant over. I am just frustrated that bass boats are so damn expensive.

2. Member
    same reason 225 and 250hp cost more than a 200. most use same block . because people put up with being gouged. a little increase I can see, that's pure greed imo

3. Member
    If your looking for a good deal on a bassboat and dont want to spend a lot of money. Nitro has a throw back boat. I think its called the classic. Its a 16 ft aluminum boat with a 40 hp. Advertise price is $9999. Thats alot of boat for the money.
    Ranger 520vx Yamaha 225 ox66.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ranger487vs View Post
    same reason 225 and 250hp cost more than a 200. most use same block . because people put up with being gouged. a little increase I can see, that's pure greed imo
    I'll apologize first for saying this, but.....when you ask for a raise from your boss, does he think you are greedy??? Just saying.

If you could get everyone to stop buying new boats for 1 year you would see prices adjust. Larry
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

6. Member
    Looking at the build process of these boats, the amount of employees, size of the facilities, the dealer network.....I'm pretty confident the boats are being MAP priced to where the manufacturer and dealer can make a living. When you piece the cost of the engine, Talons, brackets, electronics, trolling motor, jack plate, rigging, trucking, etc....etc.... in my eyes, it simply adds up.

If the markup was so great, wouldn't one of the other boat manufacturer's undercut this alleged price gouging by $5,000 - $10,000 and have massive sales & profit..?

I don't like the cost of a new boat either. I didn't like the cost of my home as well, or the cost of my truck.....but at the end of the day, it is what it is if you want one custom built the way you want it.

M

7. Member
    the op was why so much difference in price for a 520 to a 521 set up the same. just like I said why a 250hp cost 3000 or more than a 200. it doesn't cost any more to produce.

8. Member
    I understand the cost difference between the 225 and 250 pro xs's ($1100). I understand the difference between a 521C and a 520C ($2000). But why is the 520 so much higher than a 519. The 520C Cup package is almost $70,000 and a 519C with tandem trailer, upgraded electronics and Ultrex will be less than $60,000. If Ranger can make a profit on a 519C at that price then why is the 520C so much higher? And the L boat, which is not much different, is even higher. There must be way more mark up for the manufacturers for the 20' and up boats because the actual cost of production and materials cant be much higher on slightly smaller boats.

9. Member
    imo the 20ft and up are hot right now . everybody wants one. with a 250. my wallet can't afford one and I make a decent living . as long as people buy them no reason for them not to keep going up. love my 487vs more n more

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ranger487vs View Post
    imo the 20ft and up are hot right now . everybody wants one. with a 250. my wallet can't afford one and I make a decent living . as long as people buy them no reason for them not to keep going up. love my 487vs more n more
    ^^^What he said. That's what the pros drive and so that's what most guys want. I sold my 520VX a couple of months ago, and with the price of new glass rigs, I think I'm going to go aluminum this time. The 198P is a nice boat.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by knopf View Post
    I understand the cost difference between the 225 and 250 pro xs's ($1100). I understand the difference between a 521C and a 520C ($2000). But why is the 520 so much higher than a 519. The 520C Cup package is almost $70,000 and a 519C with tandem trailer, upgraded electronics and Ultrex will be less than $60,000. If Ranger can make a profit on a 519C at that price then why is the 520C so much higher? And the L boat, which is not much different, is even higher. There must be way more mark up for the manufacturers for the 20' and up boats because the actual cost of production and materials cant be much higher on slightly smaller boats.
    I think you just answered your own question. The larger models are a different class of boat that sell to a different demographic thus they an charge more. It's not just based on a straight-line increase in production costs. Companies spend a lot of time analyzing what price point a certain level of product or service will bring. There's really nothing wrong with this. That's part of the reward for taking the risk of being in business. God knows there's plenty of ways to get your ass handed to you in business (I can write a couple of paragraphs if you want some examples). You need to make hay where you can.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    I'll apologize first for saying this, but.....when you ask for a raise from your boss, does he think you are greedy??? Just saying.
    Yes, generally speaking employers think employees are over paid and greedy.

13. Member
    Don't forget about all the sponsorship's and events. If their name is attached to it there is a cost for it that get added into the price. it just business 101.

I wouldnt be surprised if 250hp boats qualify for top tier tournament incentives vs 225 are not so it cost less to back the pros, (if they dont tack on price across the board) i wish tournament incentives didn't exist so we could save 2k off every boat everyone buys
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

they price them that way for the same reason a dog licks its junk.
    Ranger Forever

16. Member
    Where did you price a z519c with Ultrex talons etc for under 60 grand me and I know several others would like to know ?

17. Member
    Around $3,333 pending length.
    2018 Ranger 520L with Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Fitzgerald Rods
    Lews Products
    River Runner Baits

18. Member
    Its not greed to ask for a raise if your hard working and deserving of more money for the hard work and quality of work you provide.
    2018 Ranger 520L with Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Fitzgerald Rods
    Lews Products
    River Runner Baits

19. Member
    Its economics, you sell your product based on market demand not what is cost you to create it.
    Last edited by Bandwagon; 02-14-2018 at 08:00 PM.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post
    Its not greed to ask for a raise if your hard working and deserving of more money for the hard work and quality of work you provide.

I'll go out on a limb here.....but this is probably why Ranger prices their boats the way they do.

M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast